Join us every other Saturday until midnight Friday.
For Shoe Shine #4, I'm featuring one of the most comfy pairs of shoes that I own. They're flats, they're ethically-produced and they are well-loved.
here). They were in the special clearance section of a local boutique - it looked like they had been worn, as they had pieces of moleskin on the inside back of the heel (which I removed). They were marked down drastically.
Chie Mihara shoes run around $300 - and I don't mind paying that for shoes when I know they are made by hand, in small batches, by workers earning a living wage. However, these were marked at $90, and they fit, so I snatched them up.
Unfortunately, they KILLED my feet the first time I wore them - that moleskin should have warned me! They had slightly ruched elastic along the sides near the heel (you can see that in the picture from when I bought them). Well, I'm not wasting $90 on a pair of shoes I couldn't wear. And so I took things into my own hands: I cut my shoes open and removed the elastic with a hobby knife (check it out here).
And now, these are treasured and a go-to pair of shoes when I need to baby my feet. No rubbing or anything.
Now, join me! Shoe us the shoes that rock your world (or feel lovely on your feet)!
Want to play? It's super-easy. Anyone can join.
- Anyone can join. Write a post featuring a fabulous pair of footwear!
- Include a link to Ephemera somewhere in your post (it's only polite). Leave a comment here if you like (note that comments continue to be moderated.
- Go to the bottom of this post and click on the InLinks "Add Your Link" button to open a new page.
- In the "Next Step," you crop the picture you want to display, and voila!
- Show your Shoe Shine spirit by grabbing and displaying the button in the sidebar.