Because I only have one more reader request to go, I decided to pick a few things myself that I've been wanting to wear again, like these shorts - which I fully intended on wearing this season and have not - and this amazing vintage early 00s Vivienne Westwood Red Label blazer.
I made them into a suit! I was inspired by Lovely the blogger (link here), specifically, this post here from October 2021 - I even left a comment saying she'd inspired me to wear shorts with a suit jacket! And then I never did - so it's about time!
- Jacket - Vivienne Westwood Red Label, thrifted; last seen here in February with orange Boss Lady pants
- Blouse - H&M, thrifted; last worn here in January with tweed and swirls
- Shorts - David Brooks, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here in August 2021 with baby blue and dots
- Shoes - Banana Republic, consignment; last worn here in January with browns and leopard
- Loomed Lady coat (below) - vintage 60s, thrifted; last seen here in November 2021
My extra inspiration came from Kristen Stewart's rock & roll outfit at the Oscars on Sunday (link here 'cause I love) - shorts and jacket, with a loose blouse underneath.
While my outfit is a far cry from the Chanel ensemble she wore, I do have a little bit of chi-chi designer in my look to give me swagger.
My swanky blazer just oozes quality - it's 100% wool, and has Westwood's signature "holy hand grenade" design woven into the lining and etched into the buttons. I have another grey blazer by her that is my spring/summer version.
The shorts are also wool, and are from the 80s - can you see the massive pleats?
You know what they say about big pleats? Yup, big pockets!
I pulled out this blouse due to the floppy bow at the front. I'm a fan of this mustard/marigold shade - it's surprisingly useful.
Masked up - one of my three leopard ones.
From there, I added the leopard belt and shoes. Pretty easy!
Outerwear - it's chilly in the mornings, but warm and sunny in the afternoons.
Perfect weather for the Loomed Lady!
- Scarf - Pierre Cardin, vintage 70s, thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Mask - Lazy Susan's
Eh, that's how it goes in spring! Wait ten minutes and the weather will change.
I'm still on the lookout for the Perfect Leopard Shoes. I have this high-heeled pair in my Archives, but that heel is just too high for me these days - and yes, the ones I'm wearing today are the mentioned pair that I turfed into the giveaway pile in that post! I pulled them out again, as I like the block heel. I'm not a fan of that "loafer" toe/vamp, although they look better with this menswear-ish look than with a dress.
Taking my cue from the gold buckle on the belt and the golden tones of the blouse.
- Belt - Talbots, thrifted
- Necklace - Anne Klein, vintage 80s, Grandma J's
- Bracelet/earrings set - Alexis Bittar, consignment; gift from L
- "Fang" bracelet - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Sidney
- Brass ring - vintage mall
- Steel ring - POLY by Christoph Poly, vintage expo
- Brooch - vintage mall