Settle in and grab a cup of your preferred libation - here we go!
Kicking it off is our usual Saturday brunch with Nick. Fellow blogger and long-time friend Mica requested a repeat of this rainbow skirt (go check out her awesome blog here immediately!), so I took the opportunity to get another wearing in, along with of a pair of grey bookends.
- Sweater - Iris Setlakwe, thrifted; first worn here in October 2021 with a Ferre pencil skirt
- Skirt - J. Crew, consignment; first seen here a couple of weeks ago
- Boots - Prepare Volunteer, Fluevog; last worn here (3rd outfit) in November 2021 for Book Club
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather; last seen here in February for shopping
I don't have a ton of grey in my wardrobe, but I love this warm grey merino wool sweater, and the sheer silk sleeves. I will probably keep this out for spring/summer, as it's a good solo top and the arms are excellent sunblock.
I hugely enjoyed wearing this skirt again.
Masked up - we have maybe only one more week where we'll be required to show our vaccine cards.
Outerwear - I'm ready for standing in line for brunch.
I was ready for rain with my beret.
I did take this chance to wear my newly-decorated-by-me Badass Bag for the first time.
- Earrings - Brenda Schoenfeld, 1992, vintage mall
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
I worked on my next art project in the afternoon - it's going to be a fall-themed leather jacket - out on the deck, since the sun was trying to come out.
I was joined by Vizzini, who was cautious about the deck doors being open after so many months of cold.
"I am dubious."
A sneak peek at the upper back of the jacket - I'm doing the "Charlotte's Web" trick of spelling out something in spider webs. Can you read it?
The young crows chattered and cawed and hopped around in the maple tree above us.
Oops, better move that - he's a fiend for elastic bands, but they are bad for him to eat.
L is mock-frowning because we are losing the game.
On Sunday, we had a leisurely sleep-in before getting ready to head to Moxie's for our 25th anniversary family brunch. I have a reputation as "Wacky Auntie Sheila", so I had to wear something appropriate.
Here's jumpsuit without the jacket. I took the matching self-belt off and removed the belt loops - no one tells me where my waist is!
Screw it, I don't care about the straps.
We drove down - no walking in these shoes.
Don't you love the ginormous legs? So swooshy!
- Purse - Fairweather, c. 1999
- Scarf - Alexander McQueen, consignment, Vancouver
- Gloves - Roeckl, consignment
- Mask - by Mom - a new one, with copper specks
The jumpsuit fabric goes so well with my copper collection.
- Belt - Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Copper/turquoise cuff - Bell Trading Post, vintage 60s, consignment, Powell River
- Copper/enamel cuff - Matisse by Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage expo
- Earrings - vintage expo
- Brooch - thrifted
- Brutalist ring - vintage 70s, vintage mall
- Wooden ring - Dots
We enjoyed a lovely late brunch with my fam, including a delicious chocolate cake, courtesy of my aunt Lois.
Thanks so much for joining me, my friends!