Surprise! I decided to do a Friday post, just so that I wouldn't have SO much to blog about later. Welcome to my Fancy Friday outfit.
- Leather jacket - Danier Couture, consignment; last seen here in March in a fabulous outfit
- Blouse - Renuar, thrifted; last worn here in September 2020 with sequins and orbs
- Skirt - A New Day (by Target), thrifted; last seen here in December 2020 with boots and a chunky sweater
- Shoes - Banana Republic, consignment; first worn here in May with plaid
I'm not sure what the starting point of this outfit was - sometimes things just come together.
The black leather jacket is the only plain one I have in my closet. All other black jackets have some kind of extra colour detail.
Masked up - my coworker Milind exclaimed over this leopard one.
It's buttoned at the back.
Mark my words, that collar is SPARKLY.
- Collar - made from thrifted vintage wool by me!
- Mask - Lazy Susan's
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Belt - Talbots, thrifted
- Brooch - vintage 60s, Mom's
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Feather ring - Fossil, thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
I popped into the Fluevog store on the way home to pick up my gift card from Mom, and to ogle the new styles. I have a few pairs I can't wait to try on!
I also took a quick tour around Flavour Upstairs, and bought this dress without even trying it on.
It's by Uniqlo, and it's 50/50 wool/acrylic. The design on it is knit (not printed).
This dress is from the second Uniqlo x Marimekko collaboration from Fall 2019 - I found an article by InStyle here (all links 'cause I love) that has a picture of it. Apparently it's merino wool.
It's a fairly thin knit, but it looked roomy so I didn't try it on. It's marked an XS (extra small), but clearly it's more like a medium.
"You should feed me."
They styled it with plain black flat boots. I think I can find something more interesting.
Art Project: Crafternoon Crochet Collar
So, I finished my gold collar, as you saw above.
I did a fancy trim on it the other day.
A closer look at it. You can see the edging on the neck part that I added.
I didn't want the design to look too frilly.
It still turned out frilly.
Okay, now I'm really gone for my long Thanksgiving birthday weekend!