- Blazer - Karl Lagerfeld, vintage 90s, consignment; last worn here in January with burgundy
- Sweater - Wanko, thrifted; last seen here in August with a deconstructed dress
- Skirt - Topshop, consignment; purchased here on the weekend for $29.69.
- Shoes - Gadea, consignment; last worn here for a glam photo shoot with Mom at the Castle back in March
- Coat (below) - L'Atiste, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here in April
I spent the day cleaning out desks and updating spreadsheets until I was sweaty and my head was a-whirl.
It's a stupendous piece - we'll have a wee Flashback on it shortly.
I loved this new-to-me skirt! So comfy, and so many colours for matching things to.
Masked up - the pattern is pinecones.
- Mask - by Mom
Outerwear - with the blazer's wide shoulders, I don't have a lot of choices for coats that will fit.
Again, not using my umbrellas! I've had this hat for ages.
- Hat - Delux, Saanich Fair, c. 2010
- Scarf - MetroWear, San Francisco, 2006
- Leather studded gloves - Danier
The cuff is a quote from Edgar Allan Poe: "I became insane with intervals of horrible sanity."
- Cuff - Jezebel Charms, gift from L
- Leather wrist wrap - Kipling, thrifted
- Leather heart brooch - Smoking Lily
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, Finland, c. 1970s, vintage expo
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Feather ring - Fossil, thrifted
- Earrings - LA Express, c. 1994
- Brass Mexican horoscope necklace - Mom's, vintage 70s
Flashback: KL by Karl Lagerfeld Blazer
I bought this lovely blazer here in April 2018, when Ally of Shybiker came to town to visit. We met up with Dar, another blogging friend, for lunch and then visited My Sister's Closet (sadly, since closed) and House of Savoy consignment stores, where I found this for $45.00.
The asymmetrical lapels, the curved hemline!
Even the buttons are fabulous.
It was made in West Germany, so it's likely late 80s.
Here we go! I wore it immediately in April 2018.
I like this outerwear look from October 2018.
You'll remember this February 2019 outfit from my Gianfranco Ferre skirt Flashback.
I love this look from October 2019 - I need to belt this again!
And here's the last time I wore this lovely blazer, in January 2021.
Mathy stuff: I've now worn this blazer six times which is a respectable $7.50 per outfit.
What would you wear with this? Do you like asymmetry in your clothes?