I certainly felt all your good wishes during my bi-annual visit to the periodontist yesterday. I had everything timed to walk there, get my happy pill, and then wait half an hour for it to kick in...and when I arrived, found out I'd confused my times (they'd rescheduled with me last week) and shown up an hour early!
- Blazer - Emporio Armani, vintage 90s, thrifted; last seen (and Flashbacked) here in June 2020 with navy tulle
- Silk blouse - Bird by Juicy Couture, thrifted; last worn here in September 2020 with blue bookends
- Linen trousers - Sigrid Olsen Essentials, vintage 90s, thrifted; purchased here for $34.99
- Shoes - Down to Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last seen here in October 2020 with an orange jumpsuit
Since I spend close to two hours upside-down in a dental chair during my appointment, my outfits have to be very comfortable. I also walked to my appointment (about 30 minutes), so easy shoes were in order.
Aren't they a glorious shade of orange?
Jacket off, although I didn't take it off until I was home again.
My "not impressed" face. Don't like getting my teeth done...
Masked up - I had a hard time finding one that went with the outfit.
Outerwear stuff - just a mask.
- Mask - Lazy Susan's
- Silk scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Belt - Lady Foot Locker, vintage, thrifted
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Plastic ring - vintage 60s, Italian, vintage mall
- Wooden earrings - vintage expo
One last stair shot as I gazed out at the blue blue blue sky.
Friday finally! And whatever shall I wear? Well, I should make an outfit with my new shoes, dontcha think?
- Blouse - Hoss, consignment; last seen here in July 2020 with my gold leather "space pants"
- Skirt - Ports 1961, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) for Book Club at Mindy's with stripes
- Shoes - Homers; purchased here for $154.50
- Jacket (below) - Smashed Lemon; last worn here with my full suit for my last dental appointment in December 2020
See? Aren't the shoes a great match with this?
I wore this jacket from my suit as my outerwear. Despite sunny skies (and highs of 23+! woo!), I need to keep my arms out of the hot sun, both for skin cancer protection and to ensure my tattoos don't get blurry.
- Mask - Lazy Susan's
I wore these shoes around the house to feel how they were for minimal activity and they were so comfy I walked to and from work in them. Normally, I wouldn't do this to my "good" shoes - especially on a first wear. Happily, I had zero issues - a minor bit of a rub on my bony ankle on the left, but it softened up over the day. Winners!
here) by them in a thrift store for $3.95 about 5 years ago.
- Belt - Emmanuel, thrifted
- Steel cuff - thrifted
- Silver cuff - vintage, thrifted, Powell River
- Amber ring - Past Times, gift from L, c. 1995
- Klimt ring - consignment
- Wood ring - Dots
- Silver/amber earrings - vintage 1930s, gift from L, vintage mall
And with that, I'm off for the weekend - it's supposed to stay sunny and hot, so I'm looking forward to getting out to enjoy some of it.
Wherever you are, stay safe, my friends. Wishing you a lovely weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by!