Reader Robyn wins the "Name That Coat" challenge. Henceforth, she shall be...
- Cashmere sweater - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last seen here in December 2020 with gold and brocade boots
- Cords - Banana Republic, thrifted; last worn here for Winesday in the Park in May 2020
- Shoes - Wittner, consignment; last seen here in September 2020 with origami and green
- Loomed Lady coat - no label, vintage 60s, thrifted; purchased here for $4.95 (after a $50 gift card)
We still have very few COVID cases on Vancouver Island, with 12-13 cases a day, so things are still open, with all safety measures in place (masks, sanitizing, distancing, contact tracing in restaurants). I'm thankful we are still able to go and do normal things.
Since the coat was going to be mostly what people saw while we were at Pluto's and then downtown, I kept the underneath pieces simple.
A cosy cashmere sweater (I have a camisole under it as well).
- Scarf - thrifted, L's
- Gloves - Parkhurst
All done up.
- Bag - Able
- Necklace - Britain, vintage, vintage mall, gift from L
- Pewter cuff - Robert Larin, vintage 70s, vintage mall, gift from L
- Blue eelskin cuff - mine, vintage 80s, re-thrifted
- Glass earrings - local
- Blue ring - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
While L spent some quality time at Ditch Records digging for CDs, I headed over to Russell Books and had a browse in their fashion section. I love used bookstores, and haven't indulged in a good look for several months. This will be some good reading this year!
The Vintage Fashion Accessories is more of a personal/business collection, but I hope to learn a bit more about vintage accessories. I thought I'd give the late photographer Bill Cunningham's biography a whirl, and the Fashion Now book is another Taschen publication (they also had Fashion Now 2, but my pile was starting to feel heavy!). All of these were second-hand.
Before we left the house, we did our usual "Where is Vizzini?" search. I found him in L's tie-box.
"Do you mind, Woman? I just got settled."
After we got back from town - we walked this weekend, to ensure we actually got some exercise! - we chilled out and watched football until it was time for my early Winesday Women call, followed by our Saturday Happy Hour Zoom call.
I had to dress up! I couldn't wait to wear the Puzzle dress!
It didn't require much styling, but I did change the shoes out a few times.
I do think - and tell me if you concur - that I should hem it.
here), only not that short.
here), only not that short.
- Belt - vintage 90s, consignment, Powell River
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Vizzini was very bad this morning. Tell them what time you woke me up, you little monster.
"4:28 AM! The perfect time for breakfast!"
I sure did! No food until at least 6am. He has a couple of blankets out there, and our deck is enclosed, so he's not freezing (plus, he has a fur coat). We have had to do this in the past, but thought he'd learned his lesson. Obviously not - cats are constantly testing you!
I hope you all had a wonderful, peaceful weekend! Thank you for stopping by!