Back in the office today - another dead day. I guess I should stop saying that; they are all quiet days now.
- Blouse - Guess, consignment, Sidney; last seen here when Ali and I saw Glass Tiger (get it??) in June 2019
- Skirt - Miss V by Valentino, vintage 60s, thrifted, Sidney; part of a suit (here) but last worn here in July 2019 with a banana-bird-butterfly look
- Shoes - Pearl Hart Bellevue, Fluevog, via Elaine and Cat; last seen here in May 2019 with a smashing orange dress
- Cerulean coat (below) - vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in February
I'm really missing my friends Cat and Elaine today; I bought this top and this skirt (with the matching jacket) on separate shopping expeditions to Sidney with them. I haven't seen Cat in a month, and haven't seen Elaine since I went to Hamilton, Ontario, last July. I have talked to both of them, but it's not the same.
I mean, the skirt is VALENTINO, fer gawd's sake! It's wool! You can feel the quality.
Pocket pose. Serious face.
- Scarf - fake Louis (Lewis!) Vuitton, thrifted
- Gloves - Danier Leather
- Necklace/earrings - gift from L, Venice, Italy
- Silver ring - vintage mall
- Silver/gold ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
Yesterday afternoon, I spotted Vizzini snoozing out on the deck in the sun. I sat down in the warm sun with him, but he was immediately on Full Alert.
|"It's those spots. What are those spots??"|
He gets very freaked out with shadows and reflections.
|"Is that another cat? Is that me? HOW??"|
It blows his little kitty mind.
|"Okay, wait just a minute. I think you're behind this, Woman!"|
He is a pretty smart cat. Hey, Vizzini, what's making all the sunspots?
|"It's that ring right there, you Cat Botherer."|
He's totally right - my giant amethyst ring bounces sunspots all over the place. I gave him some playtime chasing spots around, then let him get back to napping.
|"That's more like it."|
I think it might be time to go play some more!