We all have them: the outfits that, for whatever reason, just don't work. This is one of mine. Enjoy...or not!
- Cardigan - Theory, thrifted; last worn here in February 2019 over drapey neutrals
- Tank - Ellen Tracy, swap from Caro; last seen here in March with my Big Lady Boss Pants
- Skirt - Alfred Sung, vintage 80s, vintage fair; first worn here as my last summer outfit in September 2019
- Shoes - Sol Sana; last seen here with pleated blossoms and pink earlier this month
- Coat (below) - Stop Staring!, thrifted; last worn here in October 2019
The cardigan is too long and drapey with this look. It's been downgraded to home attire - it's good over t-shirts and it's merino wool, and it's excellent quality. I'll wear it tons. And I can tell it's not one I reach for, since I haven't worn it in over a year.
The silk skirt is too long on me...but not long enough. A shorter length would make me look taller, and a longer hemline would make me look taller. This length makes me look short! And no, I cannot be bothered to hem this.
Even pockets can't save it from the giveaway pile!
|"Dang, I don't have time to change."|
That look on my face is me starting to realize I don't like what I'm wearing. Ah! Outfit fail!
Outerwear - I picked this coat to go over the full skirt.
- Gloves - vintage 50s, thrifted
- Two pearl necklaces (worn as bracelets) - Eaton's, c. 1986
- Big pearl necklace - Aldo Accessories
- Hinged bangles - thrifted, first wearing, $1.95 for the pair
- Earrings - thrifted
- Crystal/silver ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Double pearl ring - Erth, consignment
- Pearl ring - Pearl Factory, Honolulu, c. 1985
Ah, well, there's always another outfit. I'm off tomorrow, so Wednesday I will try again.