- Blazer - Brooks Brothers, thrifted; last worn here in September 2019 with pink ruffles and surprise boots
- Denim top - Cecil McBee, thrifted; first seen here in June 2019 with a silk skirt and slides
- Skirt - BCBG Max Azria, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) in August 2019 for a dinner at the pub
- Shoes - Sol Sana; first worn here in January with more pink and olive
I had an audience while I took my stair picture this morning.
|"Who's that? What's she doing?"|
It's nesting season for the gulls.
We're in for a lovely weekend weather-wise, full of sunshine and...NOT going out and hanging with our friends or having Easter at Mom's and seeing my family (sigh)...
Anyway, it was sunny today, and I planned for wearing this outfit both with the jacket off and with the jacket on.
It was a wee bit challenging to get the wider and thicker sleeves into the narrower jacket sleeves, though. Much adjusting was needed.
The real star here is the tremendously swooshy skirt! Swoosh Factor 10! It's delightful to wear while walking around, but murder on stairs. It's also threatened by its deadly enemies: office chairs and toilets. One must gather it all up around one's knees to avoid these perils.
Instead of wearing a coat, I just added gloves and a silk scarf over my jacket. This is the season where I utilize many of my lighter blazers and jackets as outerwear - they also keep me from freezing in the AC of the office.
- Scarf - Smoking Lily, thrifted
- Gloves - consignment
The pattern on the scarf is golden paramecium!
- Brooch/earrings - vintage 60s, Grandma S
- Jade/brass ring - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Bracelet - vintage 60s, Mom's
As today's skirt very much reminds me of blossoms, I went for a quick walk after I got home tonight and took some pictures of the second round of cherry/plum trees in bloom.
These ones are "snowing" blossoms right now. The sidewalks and grass boulevards have petals all over them.
So pretty against the blue sky. When my mind is stuck on the hamster wheel, nature helps me get back on course.
Mustn't forget our daily dose of Vizzini.
|"Oh, here she comes. The Cat Botherer."|
Oh, come on, I can't be expected to ignore that cuteness, can I?
|"Well, I am rather irresistible, it's true."|
He came looking for me later on. We usually have a spot of cuddling before I leave every day.
|"The Woman is my minion, carrying me around whenever I wish."|
He often likes being carried around (sometimes not!), and he suffers me kissing him noisily - MWAH! MWAH! MWAH! Sometimes not...Ha ha.
|"It's so undignified, Woman."|
Wishing you all a very happy long weekend, whatever you celebrate (I celebrate with chocolate, personally). I'll be back with some weekend silliness soon. Take care, everyone!