Hello, my friends! I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, and stayed safe. I've been deploying Clothing as Armour this weekend quite a lot.
- Top - Pant-Man, vintage 60s, thrifted; first worn here with brown suede and the same shoes in December 2019
- Pants - Zara, new with tags, thrifted; purchased here for $26.95
- Shoes - Arnold Churgin, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) for Ronnie's birthday party in February
I need to change the settings for taking my pictures inside, now that we have bright sunlight.
I did double ruffles, with the ruffles legs on the cropped white pants, and these big bell sleeves on this amazing vintage top.
- Belt - vintage 60s, Mom's
- Cuff - Materia Design, thifted
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Turquoise/silver ring - local
Vizzini kept me company on the deck while I enjoyed the sun.
|"Oh-ho! I see that pesky spot is back!"|
He was transfixed by it.
|"It will not elude me this time!"|
He sat and waited for it to reappear, even after I went back to my book.
|"I can wait."|
But apparently not, since he then went on patrol of the window ledge of the deck.
|"I am on the lookout for renegade seagulls."|
He doesn't miss a thing.
He finally settled down in the sun.
|"I'm just chilling with this crazy snake thing."|
We got ready for our Zoom hangout.
|"Cats are included."|
They are! We saw our friends' cats, Marble and Ooma.
One last look at my swingin' outfit.
After a late night of board games, we were up early for a Very Ultra-Cautious and Carefully-Planned Adventure.
- Top - M by Missoni, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) for brunch with Betty in February
- Space jeans - H&M, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in that same outfit in February
- Shoes - Miista; last worn here in February with fuzzy stripes and two-tone jeans
- Jacket (below) - Burberry, thrifted; first worn here in November 2019
It's Karen's birthday on Tuesday so our friends Greg and Rosanna proposed a cautious gathering where we were all extremely rule-adherent. Please know that we did everything possible to ensure everyone's safety.
- Pashmina - Portolano, thrifted
I was happy to have my new-to-me Burberry jacket in its proper season.
- Silver/gold cuff - JPL, vintage fair
- Silver pendant/earrings - M&M, consignment, Vancouver
- Silver/onyx ring - Toccara, vintage fair
- Silver/crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
I promised pictures of the big fat pink blossoms - here they are!
|"Rock on, man."|
L is such a stylin' dude.
He carried our picnic lunch (tuna sandwiches, apple and Asian pear slices and a thermos off coffee for me, and a beer for him), and a blanket for us to sit on.
We walked through some lovely areas - check out this glorious Victorian home.
We saw this very steep hill that we thought was on our way.
|"I'm sure it's just over this hill!"|
Sure, I'll go for it. I'm just in awe of all this glorious nature.
|"I hug the world!"|
We discovered a reservoir at the top!
|The seagulls down there eyed us warily.|
What a view from the top of the hill!
Unfortunately, this was not the shortcut we thought it was, but who doesn't love a scenic route?
I liked these Foo Dogs.
Greg and Rosanna used cut logs and sticks of pampas grass to lay out "plots" for people to sit in that were 2 meters from each other.
Andrew, and Cat in the red chair.
Chris brought a martini.
Out dear Karen...
We kept our distance - I promise! We would never do anything to jeopardize Karen's health.
A couple of deer crashed our quiet picnic, skirting around behind one of the fenced in (anti-urban deer) gardens.
Greg and Rosanna let their cat have the inside run of their other fenced-in garden.
|"Suspicious activity noted."|
...but we had our "Purr Therapist" ready and waiting for us.
|"What? I'm expected to snuggle?"|
He wasn't exactly forthcoming!
|"I cuddle on my own terms, Woman."|
But he came down eventually and was smothered with love from L and I.
I hope you all had a great weekend.