Hello, my friends. It's a rainy day here on the wild west coast of Canada, and with the rain my mood dips down.
- Blouse - Zoe & Sam, thrifted; last worn here (5th outfit, way down) in February with these same shoes
- Skirt - Nygard, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in December 2018
- Shoes - Mellow Bossa Nova, Fluevog; last worn here (5th outfit), with this same blouse in February for brunch with L
- Leather coat (below) - Jeno de Paris, vintage 70s, thrifted; last seen here in March
Since I first wore these two neon orange pieces together - they're bookends! - they've become firm friends and I predict they will often be worn together - it does make for an easy outfit formula. I could do this with all kinds of bottoms! The possibilities!
Outerwear - rain, rain and more rain. I don't mind it, since I grew up here, but I would like more sun, please!
- Silk scarf - fake Louis (Lewis!) Vuitton, thrifted
- Leather gloves - thrifted
- Jet necklace - Grandma J', vintage 60s
- Earrings - thrifted
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Onyx/silver ring - Tocarra
Mental Health talk!
On my day off yesterday, I sat out on the deck and wrote.
Some history: I have written poetry for most of my life, all through school. I did well in contests, won a scholarship, and I've been published several times. I used to run the Victoria Writers' Society poetry workshops. I haven't written in 15 years.
Why not? Because I am happy overall - I lead a full and joyful life and I treasure it. Writing takes me to a dark place. But I've been feeling the burblings...the world has brought dark places to our doorstep. And the need to write comes around again, so I sat down and just started writing. It was horrible and beautiful and ugly and light. I'm still feeling really knocked out by it. I am glad I went there, and please be assured, I take much better care of myself mentally than I did 15 years ago.
Anyway, I just wanted to share that. I won't be sharing my poetry, as it's too raw for me.
|"Come sit with me, Woman. Let the Purr Therapist knead it all out."|
Vizzini slept flopped down my legs with his front legs stretched out (Super-kitty!). It helped. When I was done writing, I sat and read for a while - Hemingway - which was soothing.
Featuring two items that used to be in my "regular" wardrobe, but are not in my wear-around-the-house wardrobe. The silver sweater is soft, and gave me "Clothing as Armour".
I wear my collection of silly socks in the house too.
We had just a little sun in the afternoon, and I had to laugh at Vizzini flopped on the second floor of his post.
|"What's so funny?"|
His bum hanging off the back of the platform is hilarious. Don't fall off!
|"While you're laughing, I'm napping."|
Ah, to be a cat!