Hello, my friends! It was a very busy weekend, full of theatre and sports - let's get right to it with Friday's outfit, which is pretty darned casual for me.
- Sweater - Michael Kors, consignment; first worn here in November 2019 with navy tulle
- Jeans - Ray Beams, thrifted; first seen here (3rd outfit) in November 2019 for Winesday
- Shoes - Miista; last worn here (3rd outfit) in December 2019 with PANK
- Coat (below) - Topshop, consignment; last seen here in December with tangerine and McQueen
After my second wearing of this sweater, I'm done with it. It started pilling under the arms into little worms. Ugh. I hate that.
Some of my coworkers have never seen me in jeans before.
One thought it was a skirt when I was sitting down.
Outerwear - it was rainy, so I carried an umbrella and wore my fuzzy moto jacket.
The gloves were stashed in my purse on the way home.
- Gloves - Danier Leather
- Cuff - thrifted, Powell River - first wearing, purchased here for $8.00
- White gold earrings - Frances Jewelers, 10th anniversary gift from L
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
On my lunch break, I indulged in some retail therapy. I have a very fancy event to go to soon and needed sparkly hair accessories. This kind of stuff is really hard to find second-hand, so I bit and ventured into the mall.
I also stopped into Aldo where I ran into my old friend Erin, who I first met in 1980 in Grade 8, Junior High - we were in the same homeroom until we graduated from high school. It was lovely to see her, although I didn't have time to chat. Erin, drop me a line!
Back to Aldo, I love their fun accessories, and have always bought a few things here and there from them. Canadian company!
I like these faux tortoiseshell earrings (they'll go well with my bracelet), and I LOVED this necklace. The tan/black parts are raffia. Both of these together were $30.
I was feeling rather low on Friday and so I put my tiara on and wore it all afternoon at work.
|"In this outfit? I disapprove."|
It made me feel better, and my coworkers loved it - although many of them assumed it was my birthday.
I spent Friday night making my second batch of chili for our annual Super Bowl party, and on Saturday morning, Mom, Cat and her mom Marg and I went to see "Carol King's Beautiful" at the Royal Theatre, as part of their Broadway in Victoria series.
here) didn't work.
- Top - InWear; first worn here in January with pink satin pants
- Skirt - Twinset, consignment; first worn here for New Year's Eve
- Shoes - Napoleoni, thrifted; last seen here in January with this same top
- Coat (below) - Forever 21, thrifted; last worn here in November 2019
I learned my lesson from last time I wore this top: no layers with it! On its own, it's lovely.
Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go!
I loved wearing this tulle skirt again.
I had tons of compliments from strangers all day.
Outerwear - the return of the Grape Ape!
- Belt - Fendi, thrifted
- Earrings - vintage 1930s, gift from L
- Amber ring - c. 1995
- Amethyst/gold ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Purse (not shown) - Plum, c. 2010
Mom and I just had time to do a picture before Cat and Marg arrived to pick us up. That blur on the left is Vizzini strolling through.
And today, Sunday, is the Super Bowl! My house is about to get inundated with football fans, and my homemade chili is burbling on the stove.
|"My team is the Vizzini team."|
I'm ready to cheer on the Chiefs - my own Panthers didn't even make the playoffs, but I'm wearing my colours (the jersey is the recently-retired Luke Kuechly's).
|"Wait, did you say people are coming?"|
Vizzini will hide for a while, then come out and mooch around for fallen food.
|"I resent these accusations."|
We haven't been home much and he's been quite tetchy with us.
|"This is my grumpy face."|
I hope you all had a less-grumpy weekend! Thanks so much for coming by!