Hello, my friends! We have a few mostly casual outfits from this past weekend (plus one very shiny one), so let's get right to it so that I can enjoy some more chill-out time before I have to think of work again.
Friday actually saw me in denim - my coworkers were shocked.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style.
- Top - Cecil McGee, thrifted; purchased here for $6.99
- Skirt - Maeve, thrifted; purchased here for $18.75
- Shoes - Zara, consignment, Vancouver; last worn here earlier this month with Monday pajamas
My colleagues considered this a very casual outfit for me.
I have actually had this skirt-top combo waiting in the wings to wear together since I did my spring/summer closet changeover at the end of March. I've just been waiting for the weather to be warm enough!
The skirt is a lovely silk - and don't you dig that pattern?
- Bangle - thrifted
- Gold cuff - vintage fair
- Gold hoops - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Necklace - Kiam Family, thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
We had enough people for an Ulti game - I wasn't going out for lunch or being seen in public, so I did not dress up and change at the field. Unusual for me, but here's a non-outfit.
After Ulti, I rushed home to shower and change, and then headed downtown to meet up with 15-year-old Izabella, a daughter of my coworker Zeudy. Izabella's doing some work experience at a law firm and wanted me to show her where to shop for second-hand clothes.
- Dress - no label, vintage, thrifted; last worn here a year ago in June 2018 to meet with reader Laurie!
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last seen here (5th outfit) in May for an Ulti pre-/post-outfit
It's been really windy all weekend, so no hat or jacket (it's sunny off and on), but I'm fully sunblocked.
We spent 3 hours shopping, and she ended up with a maxi skirt, and a ton of enthusiasm for shopping second hand! Her mom was thrilled that she was in a skirt, and I was thrilled to introduce to the joys of thrifting.
Such an easy piece to wear for a summer day.
But it was fine for standing and shopping.
- Belt - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Cuff - Butler Fifth Avenue Collection, consignment
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Earrings - thrifted
As I was getting ready to head out, Vizzini was flopping in my way.
|"Come on, you have time to rub my tum, Woman."|
Yes, I always have time to give my cat attention. We spoil him with love.
|"I don't approve of you going out again."|
I barely had time to get changed after our shopping before I had to walk back to town to meet up with Alison. We went to see "Rocketman", which was pretty solid. I love Elton John's music, and I'm so glad I got to see him in concert in 2017, as he's now retired from touring.
- Sweater - Banana Republic, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in March
- Cords - Banana Republic, thrifted; last seen here in April with daisies and stripes
- Shoes - Down to Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last worn here (2nd outfit) earlier this month for a weekend brunch
L and Casey were supposed to fly to Vancouver to see Josh Ritter in concert, but the show was cancelled at the last minute.
I joined them when I got home.
Me? I've got my keys, headphones on, a scarf for extra warmth.
- Scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Gold hoop earrings - gifts from L (mismatched, as I've lost both mates)
I always wear that scarf with these shoes - they go so well together!
Vizzini has been enjoying the nice weather - as our deck is enclosed, he doesn't experience any of the wind.
|"Go away, Woman."|
I can't resist giving him a pat.
|"You're still here?"|
He's so soft, plus I'm getting him back for the 5am wake-up calls.
|"This isn't going to make me stop those, you know."|
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Thank you for swinging by!