Hello, my friends! I'm still here, no worries - I apologized if I worried you by not "signing off" before starting my stay-cation this week. I appreciate your concern, thank you.
Here's my "Friday" outfit that wore on Tuesday, my last day of work for the week.
- Jacket - Le Tigre, thrifted; purchased here for $24.95
- Sweater - Gap, thrifted; last worn here with tweedy textures in May
- Skirt - Banana Republic, consignment; first seen here in April with chartreuse
- Shoes - Coclico, Seattle; last worn here in March for International Women's Day
I wrapped up a few things, then unplugged my laptop and handed it over to IT for a refresh/upgrade.
Then I handed over the spare keys. So, appropriate that I wore a key pattern, right?
You know I like a pow in my outfits.
- Necklace - vintage, vintage fair
- Earrings - consignment, Vancouver
- Silver/lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
- Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
On Wednesday, Mom came over and took us out for L's birthday brunch at the Snug at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel.
- Dress - Banana Republic, thrifted; last worn here with those shoes (and earrings!) above in March
- Shoes - Dr. Scholl's, consignment; last seen here in April with pigtails and a painty top
- Jacket (below) - Gap, consignment, Vancouver; last worn here in April
Mostly, I just wanted to be comfy.
I didn't wear this, thought - regular around-the-house stuff for me.
I do enjoy an afternoon of nothing but indulging in a good book (and several cups of tea).
here's a link, 'cause I love, to the author's site).
The weather's been spring-like (shocking!), so windy, rainy, sunny, warm, chilly. Just wait 10 minutes, it'll change!
I also love my sequined UK flag purse.
- Purse - Accessorize, thrifted
- Earrings - Winnie Tam
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
As I spent my afternoon reading, L went to town and spent his birthday gift cards. I'd had to keep this Fluevog purchase of mine a secret, since I'd ordered them while ostensibly out birthday shopping for him.
These are called the Poser Ioni, and as you can see from the pictures online (here, linking 'cause I love), they are much darker purple in person (I knew this, I'd seen them in Vancouver and at my local store).
That is actually wool - the heel is covered in a purple/pink brocade. I'ts a comfy heel for me, not too high.
Obviously an oversight!
I'm such a Poser. John Fluevog agrees.
Who else is super cute?
|"Is it me?"|
It totally is! Look at that little bun!
I finished my book, and dashed off just in time to catch a ride with Caro out to Mindy's house for an evening of wine, soup, salad and chocolate (oh, and lots of cheese too!).
- Top - H&M, thrifted; last worn here in January (with these same boots!)
- Trousers - L'Wren Scott for Banana Republic, thrifted; first seen here in May with a spectacular kimono
- Boots - Cougar, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) for a Winesday evening in March
After a long evening of discussion and debate (and chocolate-eating), I am done with this top.
Too annoying to keep! The stretch velvet jeans, however, were lovely.
|"When will you be home, Woman?"|
He apparently made quite a fuss about me being gone for hours.
- Gold earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
Two days in, and I'm finally starting to relax - I haven't had more than 2 days in a row off since December! I have quite a bit of time off planned this year, starting with this week, and I'm beginning to feel the unwinding.
|"You could learn a thing or two from me."|
That is one chilled-out kitty!
My friends, I'll be back on Sunday to regale you with tales of adventure! Wishing you all a wonderful week.