I am off to Book Club at Yvonne's shortly - it's been another lovely hot day, so I am looking forward to the walk. I'm also 'fessing up to the temps: my deck is glassed in and the thermometer was in the sun - good job, Ann, on spotting that. Our temps yesterday only hit 21 degrees, but that's still 10 degrees higher than our average for this time of year.
Hee hee, I would have gotten away with it if not for those meddling kids!*
*Scooby-Doo reference, and I am silly
- Blazer - TopShop, thrifted; purchased here for $21.95
- Sweater (underneath) - Gap, thrifted; last worn here in March 2018 with crystal culottes
- Skirt - Pink Tartan, thrifted; last seen here in January with a tiger on my shoulder
- Booties - London; last worn here in January with unexpected legs
- Leather coat (below) - Danier Leather; last seen here in February
I felt iffy on the blazer - it's a thin flannel with a ripple on the black. I thought it was just really wrinkly until I tried to steam it out last night!
It has great detail on the back as well - pretty nice quality (although it's not lined at all).
There are pockets, but they are kind of awkwardly placed.
Coated - it's still chilly in the morning.
really) for 11 years, from 1986 to 1997 (really! check out my Christmas stuff, here, here and here and I recommend you embiggen the photos if you can to truly take that in), so I'm somewhat averse to spot-on holiday colours.
- Bracelet - thrifted
- Klimt ring - consignment
- Jade/brass ring - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Gold hoops - 5th anniversary gift from L
So, I'm not wearing the above outfit to Book Club, so I changed. Here's a casual look for sitting around eating delicious food and drinking wine with my literary ladies.
- Cardigan - Ports, vintage 80s, consignment; last seen here in January in two different outfits in one day (how unusual)
- Sparkle tee - Ted Baker, thrifted; first worn here in November 2018 with grey and leopard
- Pants - H&M, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in January for brunch
- Shoes - Star Wars collection, Irregular Choice; last worn here in December 2019 with some Friday armour
The cardi can be tossed on a chair if I get too warm, and because it's wool, it'll be warm enough to walk home in buttoned up.
This is one of my best finds, just for sheer quality.
All casual and ready to chat books. We read "Asymmetry" by Lisa Halliday, which was Karen's pick.
|"Discuss the book we shall."|
"No! I forgot to read it!"
"Idiot, you are."
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
- White gold hoops - Frances Jewelers, 10th anniversary gift from L