My colleagues today were all shocked: I'm in a black dress!
|The stair pose fights with wrap dresses|
It's not that unusual - I do have a fair bit of black in my wardrobe, but I usually mix it with a lot of colour and/or pattern.
- Dress - Strawberry Jill, thrifted; purchased here for $9.95
- Shoes - Marc Jacobs, vintage, thrifted; last seen here in April with cosmic patterns
Aside from the shock of "Sheila! In a black dress!" everyone loved it. It is such a pretty dress!
This is silk, even the lining! It was a dream to wear all day. I have had a couple of other Strawberry Jill items over the years:
- This fabulous silk "dragon scale" skirt (originally thrifted for $18.95), here;
- A black and brown silk "patchwork" skirt (first worn here, originally thrifted for $12.50) - I no longer have this, gave it away a few years ago.
I do large pin-curls in my hair while I'm putting on my make-up - it is mostly gone by the end of the day, but I like the illusion of curly hair.
It helped that I wore my little pants under it! You can catch a glimpse of them in the stair picture.
- Necklace/earrings - Sarah Coventry, vintage fair - first wearing, purchased here for $10.00
- Black/silver ring - Tocara, vintage fair - first wearing, purchased here for $10.00
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Not including the lapis ring (which was $500 in 2012, and I've worn about 300 times - I wear it at least once a week), my outfit was under $60 (dress $9.95, ring $10, jewelry set $10, shoes $29.95). Not bad!