This is my last week of my fall/winter wardrobe - the big swap-over is this coming Sunday. I'm still trying to sneak in outfits with new-to-me items, and also get in final wearings of some old faves.
- Shirt - Pink Tartan, thrifted; purchased here for $12.50
- Trousers - vintage 90s, Pariscope, thrifted; last seen here in January, looking fab with chartreuse
- Shoes - Coach, consignment; purchased here for $18.50
- Coat (below) - Vassali, consignment; last seen here a couple of weeks ago
I was stymied by this outfit when it came to getting dressed this morning. I did not like how everything looked together AT ALL. I'd intended to wear this grommeted vest (here) over the whole thing, but I just loathed how it looked on. Pretend this outfit has a fabulous invisible black vest over it - that's how my brain saw it!
I think I salvaged this as best I could. I buttoned the blouse up to the neck and grabbed this piece of satin ribbon to pull in the black elements of the bottom half. I adore these fun trousers - I never thought they would be so versatile! I have had them for 3 years (and I've liked every outfit - click back in the "seen here" link above to see them all) and have worn them 10 times. Not bad for $8.95!
|"Needs more cat hair."|
The shirt doesn't quite work untucked with the pants, but the pants are super-high-waisted - trust me, I tried tucking it in and it was...not something I plan to share! This shirt is 100% cotton and fairly stiff; it didn't like the tuck.
I did like how the shirt looked overall, though - it's a really good fit. I also really loved this pattern-mixing...just not these two pieces without some sort of topper.
|"I told you, cat hair is the new black."|
Maybe Vizzini's got a point! I could carry him around all day?
|"Let me fix your delicious tie for you."|
So much better, right? It needs a black topper to make this work properly.
Outerwear - see what I mean? It's like a bajillion times better.
- Leather gloves - Danier Leather
- Silver cuff - JPL, vintage fair
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Silver square crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Silver earrings - M&M, consignment, Vancouver - first wearing, purchased here for $8.00
Well, tomorrow's another outfit! Try, try again!