Hey, miss me? I got sick, am I've been down with the flu. I'm still sick, but draggin' my sorry self around nonetheless.
And since I have a nice comfy couch beckoning to me and it's Friday, let's chat clothes. Wednesday was Pink Shirt Day (wiki link here) so I put together an outfit with this not-yet-worn-this season pink suede shirt.
- Suede shirt - Danier Leather, consignment; last worn here in February 2018 (and I was sick there too)
- Skirt - Marc Jacobs, thrifted; last seen here in January with teal velvet and glitter galore
- Shoes - Amante, vintage, thrifted; last worn here in January with Shoulder Of Unusual Size
- Coat (below) - Forever 21, thrifted; last seen here a couple of weeks ago
I knew as soon as I woke up that I was sick, but I went to work for 2 hours to get some important stuff done (office coffee order), and take care of enough of the rest of my job to be away for 2 days. I could just not go in (I know!) but it's not worth the chaos that would ensue. Being kind to myself, there.
here) and only wore it 3 times - that's only once a year since I got it. Not great, but oh, well. You can't win 'em all. *shrug*
I do love this skirt, which is why I'm wearing it again so soon (for me).
Real face. I is a sick.
Outerwear - still making an effort!
- Cashmere beret - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Leather gloves - consignment
- Belt - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted
- Earrings - local
- Hematite ring - thrifted
I slept most of the day on Wednesday. I think I was up for about 3 hours total. On Thursday, it was more of the same, only I still had to do my WW meeting in the evening - only 2 hours!
- Turtleneck - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here in February under my Stained Glass dress
- Dress - Kenzo, consignment; first worn here (2nd outfit) for Urbanite at the Art Gallery a week ago
- Boots - Clarks; last seen here with autumn textures in February
- Leather trenchcoat (below) - vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here in January
My Cinderella's Rags dress re-purposed from kooky artsy look to daytime work appropriate. Ta-dah!
The dress is quite full and blousy in the top, so I have tucked a bunch of it under my belt.
I'm looking forward to wearing this dress in warm weather that's more suited to the fabric.
|"You should come back to bed with me."|
Vizzini's not impressed with my faux pockets, but he was a very good cuddle-monster while I've been dealing with the onset of the flu.
Outerwear - it's getting sunnier these days, and I can almost feel spring in the air. It's officially March now, so I'm on my last month of my autumn/winter wardrobe before the Great Swap-Over.
- Fur scarf - thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
I have a lot of spring/summer things that I've bought in the last 5 months - I'm excited to build outfits with them.
- Belt - Fendi, thrifted
- White gold earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
- Torc bracelet/ring - POLY, thrifted/vintage fair
- Crystal/silver ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Silver/gold cuff - JPL, vintage fair
And now, as I have promised myself, the couch beckons. I'll be taking it pretty quiet this weekend, but I'll be back on Sunday. Happy weekend and practice self-care!