I didn't realize until one of my coworkers mentioned it, that my hair and my jacket are the exact same colour. My hair has shifted to a more "normal" purple shade vs. the very bright royal purple it's been over the past 2+ years (I'm using a different type and brand of colour), but in my mind's eye I still think of it as that same vibrant shade. It's not.
- Jacket - Tian Art, thrifted; last seen here in February 2016 with red leather pants
- Lace top - Express, thrifted; last worn here in November 2017 with a failed skirt
- Leather dress - Danier Leather, vintage 90s, thrifted; last seen here over plaid for brunch in October 2017
- Shoes - Effortless Bebe, Fluevog; last worn here in October 2017 with pink and purple
- Coat (below) - Samuel Dong, thrifted; last seen here on Monday
I had another outfit I wanted to wear, but it features a piece where I need to try on the full outfit...and well, last night I was tired and wanted to go to bed, so I just threw all this stuff together. I wanted to wear this jacket. I was sure I'd worn it in 2017...but I guess not! Total oversight, as I'm very fond of it.
I always need a top under the slip dress, and I liked the lacy blue, which then called for blue textured tights. Of course!
This is a fabulous coat, isn't it? I'm still tickled that I only paid $8.00 for it in September 2013.
Here's a close-up of the embroidery:
Outerwear - it was still not-cold today. I didn't really need the furry pieces, but I liked the snuffly softness.
- Toque/scarf - Danier Leather
- Leather gloves - consignment
- Earrings - vintage 80s, Joyce's
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes