I need a weekend to recover from my weekend! It's been so busy, with very little down-time, but it was all "good" busy, you know?
- Top - Jean-Paul Gaultier, vintage 90s, consignment; first worn here in December 2017 with Monster Vest
- Denim dress - Only, thrifted; first seen here in September 2017with yellows
- Shoes - Truths Makena, Fluevog; last worn here earlier this month with teal and a paper bag
- Coat (below) - Kimchi Blue; last seen here in October 2017
I had it trimmed on Friday, with a big more of longer bangs/fringe added. We've decided to stop at this length (my hair doesn't really grow much longer without turning into rat-tails), so there we go! I've grown out my hair! It took about 19 months.
This is the first wearing of my denim wrap dress over the winter - I love the cut of it and the ability to layer things underneath both the top and bottom.
I wore my Christian Dior vintage slip under it (remembering that it opens up when I walk).
Outerwear - it rained when we walked to town, but was clear later on when I was out shopping.
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Brolly - Cheeky
Don't L and I make a fine couple? As we were leaving Floyd's, a woman said to us, "You guys are stylin'!" You bet - I love that L puts himself out there as much as I do.
- Earrings - Lazy Susan's
- Snake ring - c. 1985, BC Museum Gift Shop
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Both L and I get Fluevog's daily emails, so we knew there was an 15% off sale on. The shoes he'd been keeping an eye (these) on were on sale, and HE wanted to go (not me, I swear, hahahah)...so...one thing led to another, and I still had $85 on my gift card...
here, 'cause I love!).
They were on sale for $159.99, plus an extra 15% off.
Flush with my purchase, I headed across the street to Flavour Upstairs, just to see what new things they had. I found this lovely red blouse.
Look at those pleats and covered buttons down the front!
Even the cuffs are unusual.
I wasn't 100% sure on it but I knew the name - L'Wren Scott. The second tag says "A Tropical Conversation." And here it is on the L'Wren Scott website, from Fall/Winter 2011. My blouse in Look #6! Oh, cool, it's with a leather suit - I'll do my best to create a look worthy to this!
I also found this awesome necklace.
It has a good clasp.
From my shopping side-trip, I hurried home (more walking!), and got ready to go to the theatre with Mom! It was bright out!
- Blouse - Antonella, vintage early 80s, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit, past the Alice Cooper concert) in October 2016
- Dress - Tangerine Jill, consignment; last worn here in April 2017, almost a year ago for the theatre with Mom!
- Boots - Effortless Sophia, Fluevog; last seen here (4th outfit) in September 2017, the same weekend as the above denim dress
- Cape (below) - Coracle Clothes, vintage 60s, pass-along from Sheila A; first worn here a few days ago
I have a few of these colourful, big-sleeved 80s blouses. I don't wear them that often, but they are great for layering under my sleeveless dresses when you want some Sleeve Drama.
It's a pretty spectacular dress, isn't it? Get away, you can't have it!
Outerwear - of course, I had to wear my cape with it!
- Beret - consignment
- Leather gloves - Danier Leather
- Purse - Sondra Roberts, thrifted
- Leather obi - thrifted
- Earrings - vintage 80s, Joyce's
- Rings - as above
Oops, and here's the purse.
After the play (which was about early onset dementia, and while funny, it was also hugely sad and depressing, so I'm not going to link to it - sorry, Belfry - because frankly, I'm going to hope that I never have to go through that (or L either!), and this is enough of an aside, don't you think?), Mom and I went to the Pub for dinner, then walked home, and I rushed to get ready.
Yes! For I had a third outfit change, for my third outing of the day! A bunch of us went to see The Pack A.D. (we've seen them before here). And this what I wore.
- Tank - Frank Turner tour shirt, Portland, 2017; not tracked
- Leather shorts - Danier Leather, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in August 2017 (last outfit) for a weekend gather with friends
- Boots - BCBG Max Azria; last seen here (3rd outfit) in December 2017 with my Kenzo tiger dress
- Coat (below) - Noa Noa; last worn here in November 2016 to see The Pack A.D.!
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style which is totally appropriate this week, since I'm also wearing an outfit that's apt to cause the young'uns to clutch their iPhones in horror.
I neither know nor care what they'd say about my black and white pin-striped frock coat.
|"You're going out again, aren't you?"|
I added my "Steven Tyler" rock and roll scarf for badassery and warmth.
Bungled up. It was a wee bit chilly by 8:30pm.
- Gloves - Parkhurst
The coat is a sample piece from Dots - the black design on the back is embroidered.
- Silk velvet scarf - thrifted - first wear!
- Leather cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Studded cuff - c. 1996
- Spider ring - c. 1986, gift from Mom & Dad, Mexico
- Snake ring - as above
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
We got home quite late, having gone for drinks afterwards. We were soaked from the rain and exhausted by the time we got home, but no rest for the wicked - up and at 'em early again on Sunday!
- Cashmere sweater - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last worn here in January with houndstooth
- Skirt - Nygard; last seen here in July 2017 with grey satin ruffles
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda; last worn here (2nd outfit) for shopping in December 2017
- Leather coat (below) - A&S Selections, thrifted; purchased for $20.00 here
Outerwear - I'd hung this jacket up in the coat closet and promptly forgot all about it. It was perfect for today. I love the racing stripes down the arms.
- Gloves - Parkhurst
Someone was nosing around, wanting to cuddle. He's been very annoyed that we haven't been home much lately.
|"Try not to shoot my butt-hole this time, Woman."|
But look at that pissed-off face.
|"I call this look Yellow Steel."|
- Necklace - thrifted - first wear!
- Earrings - thrifted
- Ring - as above
I walked to town, got groceries, then had half an hour to kill before meeting Carol-Anne for lunch, so I stopped in the Patch to browse around.
I liked the fit, love the colour (won't it look great with my new Fluevogs??).
Such a vintage 80s label!
Carol-Anne and I went to Mayfair Mall and shopped for hours, wrapping up at Hudson's Bay Co. I had tried on a gown in the Bay last time I went to the mall with Elaine (here), and couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't justify spending the then-sale price of $199.99, though. That's too much to spend on a dress you might only wear 5 times in your life.
|"There might be moths under there."|
Of course, I'm not properly under-garmented or styled, but rather than a hanger, this is fine, right?
All sale prices were on another 25% off...so I bit.
$8.00 Ralph Lauren dress! It's karma!
I also lusted after a gorgeous bag in Aldo last time with Elaine. Didn't buy it then. "I'm not a bag person," I protested.
Especially when it's on sale for $22.98!
And that is my very busy weekend, and now...there's a couch with my name on it! I hope you all had a fun weekend!