Three of my near and dear friends have birthdays in April/May, so we arranged to all meet up downtown and celebrate.
- Top - Land's End, thrifted; purchased here for $14.95
- Skirt - no label, thrifted; purchased here for $24.95
- Shoes - Ralph Lauren, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in September 2016 with raging tiger print
- Jacket (below) - Smoking Lily; last worn here (4th outfit) in September 2016 over purple lace
Look at all the lovely ends.
L is sure taking a while digging around in the closet.
I only wore this jacket once all of last year, but it's still a keeper. So shiny!
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Death Star ring - Soul Flower
- Pearl ring - vintage fair
One of my errands was to pick up my new glasses! World, here they are.
They are by Theo, and are the Montana model.
And here they are!
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go!
- Dress - Lav & Kush, consignment; first worn here in July 2016 with all the turquoise
- Shoes - Aldo, thrifted; last seen here in July 2016 with a dark floral
- Jacket (below) - Vero Moda, thrifted; last worn here in September 2016 with lace and polka dots
I walked to and from town for lunch with L then spent Saturday afternoon getting ready for friends over for the late afternoon/evening.
|"Hmm...there is something very fascinating right here."|
- Dragon bangle - local
- Plain bangle - local
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
We now have one of the deck doors open and have moved Vizzini's biggest post out there. Officer Vizzini wasted no time.
|"Reporting for duty."|
|"I'm practicing for a long summer of lounging in the sun."|
Today, I went to town to get groceries, then took one of my coworkers thrift shopping. We went to Flavour Upstairs then to the WIN Warehouse store, just before it closed early.
- Top - Abercrombie & Fitch, thrifted; last seen here in September 2016 with lavender and orange
- Skirt - no label, thrifted; no idea when I last wore it
- Shoes - Down to Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last worn here (2nd outfit) in January with red trousers
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather, consignment
And thicker outerwear was needed. I added a silk Ralph Lauren scarf (consignment), and my Parkhurst red gloves.
- Ear-balls - Dior
I'm always on the lookout for "upgrades" to existing staples in my closet. I have this marigold skirt, but the waistband has stretched out, and it's not the greatest quality.
I found another wonderful 50s circle skirt - this one is sky blue and brown.
Someone cut the labels out somewhere along the way, but there's a tiny big left. I can see that the size is 44, so this was probably made somewhere in Europe.
This is a total "grandma blouse" - but I love the colour and the fit.
I have seen this tunic on previous visits to Flavour Upstairs, but this time it was on the $5.00 rack, so I made the call.
this denim-look jacket, this chartreuse green velvet jacket.
Over at WIN, we barely had time to look at the shoes and the vintage section before they closed early.
They're leather and are by Nine West.
And barely any wear.
I need to be restrained around crazy patterns and shiny things. It's a bit of an issue.
Look at the beautiful designs!
Well, Vizzini, what do you think of all this?
|"I think you spent too much time away from me today."|
|"Lies! I've been on duty all afternoon."|
|"Keeping an eye on the seagulls is a full-time job."|