What a lovely long weekend! It was rather rainy for much of it, but the sun won out in the end.
Friday's office outfit - I built this around the new-to-me sleeveless white shirt.
- Blazer - H&M, consignment; last worn here in June 2019 with these same trousers
- Shirt - Ann Taylor, consignment; purchased here for $10.00
- Trousers - H&M, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here in March for work and a vintage fair
- Shoes - Pilgrim Truths, Fluevog; last worn here in April with a pattern clash
Just kidding - this jacket is a tricky piece to style! Here's a quick reminder of how I've styled it, since this is only the 4th wearing since I bought it here in August 2018.
The powder blue shade has been mixed with the jacket a couple of times, here in the shoes.
this one) would look good with this!
I'm now on my 3rd white top. This is from September 2018, and that's the same bow-tie and shoes.
this one), I could replicate this outfit with that, and change up the flats to my red rescued pumps (these ones).
There's the baby blue again - this is last June's look. This time it's a different pair of shoes and a belt (for matchy-matchy!).
It doesn't take much to mix things up a bit!
I wore this with the jacket off here and there, as I had hot flashes all day. Yay, just in time for warm weather.
Done up - I love this jacket. Hard to believe both it and the pants are H&M!
this one), and the addition of a different chain with this bow-tie (here), I wore chunky gold under my silk polka-dotted bow tie. I felt very badass in my Givenchy!
- Belt - Emmanuel, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Bow-tie - John Comfort for Harry Rosen, vintage, thrifted
- Necklace - Givenchy, thrifted, vintage fair
- Earrings - consignment
L and I hung out and played boardgames and listened to tunes all Friday evening - our favourite thing to do, even when it's not a pandemic.
On Saturday, I got my crazy on for our Zoom hangout with our friends. Bouffant, baby!
- Blouse - Miu Miu, thrifted; last worn here in July 2019 with these same shoes
- Palazzo pants - Pinkerton, consignment; last seen here on my trip to Hamilton, Ontario last July
- Shoes - Eject; last worn here in August 2019 with copper and neon
My whole outfit is silk - it rained all day, and this kept me warm while I toodled around the house, doing various things (reading, looking at TV, pestering Vizzini) until we Zoomed.
- Bangles - thrifted
- Earrings - consignment
- Silver/amethyst ring - vintage mall
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Vizzini was lurking around while I was taking pictures. He skedaddles when we have the Zoom calls - it's like he knows people are there.
L and I played boardgames till nearly 3am on Saturday, and then had a nice sleep-in before getting ready to go hang out with our friends on Sunday. Normally, on a long weekend, we would all gather at a pub and chill out with food and beverages for the afternoon/early evening. However, right now that's all out the window, although pubs will be reopening this coming week, with social distancing in effect.
- Jumpsuit - Kensie, consignment; last worn here in April 2019 with &@%$ shoes that fell apart
- Shoes - Seychelles, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) with neutral satin and silver earlier this month
- Coat (below) - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last worn here in September 2019
The stair picture is the most accurate for colour, but as you no doubt have surmised, this is a BRIGHT orange.
It's insanely comfy and flattering, although I continue to wonder why they put a white zipper on an orange jumpsuit.
All covered up for both the sun and the slightly chilly breeze.
here, but it was empty. For our actual outing, I filled it with hand sanitizer, paper towels, a mask, sunblock stick, lipstick, and a bag of grapes. Everything a gal needs.
- Purse - Ted Lapidus, vintage 90s, vintage fair
- Scarf - Lanvin, vintage 70s, purchased here for $10.00
- Silver/acrylic cuff - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
- Silver cuff - vintage 60s, thrifted, Powell River
- Klimt ring - consignment
- Wood ring - Dots
- Wood/silver earrings - consignment, Powell River
We were out past Vizzini's dinner time.
|"What? I have to wait for my dinner?"|
But we couldn't go home early when we had a day like this!
here, 'cause I love). This is one of the corners, and L is chilling out beside me on our blankets.
Cat and Ross brought chairs.
Ronnie and Caro.
Vero and Justin.
Here we all are! I missed a shot of Randall and Yvonne - they are in the centre.
Vizzini was very yowly when we got home.
|"Really? I'm so chill here."|
I took that picture in the morning, when I couldn't find him. I always check the post last, since he so rarely hides there.
L and I are enjoying our quiet day off, as Monday is a holiday.
|"Every day is a holiday for me."|
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for swinging by!