Hello, my friends! It's been a lovely weekend - very quiet, which is as to be expected. I have a special treat for you on Monday but I do have outfits to share from the past couple of days, so let's get 'er started.
This is what I wore to work on Friday: my recently regret-me-not blue dress.
- Dress - Nanette Lepore, thrifted, Vancouver; last worn here in May 2019 with silver and sandals
- Shoes - Prepare Guide, Fluevog; last seen here in September 2019
- Wool biker jacket (below) - Gap, consignment, Vancouver; last worn here in April
I actually got every one of these main pieces (dress, shoes, jacket) in Vancouver over several years. I used to buy all my Fluevogs there before we had a store here in Victoria. Aw, I miss Vancouver and seeing all my friends there!
here), and have worn it 5 times now. It's made in the USA - similar dresses by this brand run $140-$400, so I'm doing very well with my cost-per-wear.
- Scarf - thrifted
here), and have worn them over 40 times that I could count. Considering they were over $300, I'm doing exceedingly well on getting my money's worth on these. Who knew a turquoise shoe would be such a staple! Fluevog has stopped producing them in this colour, but they still make them in black for $339.00.
- Belt - Bronsino, local; gift from L
- Cuff - thrifted
- Silver/Venetian glass earrings - local
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
As I was getting ready to leave for work, I did a quick search for Vizzini, and found him in a new spot.
|"Didn't you create this throne for me?"|
I moved a pillow underneath the throw, so that the chair is more comfortable to sit in. I guess it worked!
After a late evening of board games, I gave my hair a colour refresh on Saturday morning while I made breakfast. Don't worry, it's a temporary colour: this will fade out to a lighter version of this shade - the brand is Pulp Riot, and it's 100% vegan, ammonia- and cruelty-free! Recommended if you feel like jazzing your hair up with no commitment - it fades out after about 15 washes on me.TM) photo shoot - make sure you drop by on Monday!
- Cardigan - Jean Paul Gaultier Soleil, consignment; first seen here in August 2019 with an optic top and cords
- Sweater - Sonia Rykiel, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) with my gory picador vintage skirt in March
- Joggers - Lady Dutch, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in July 2019 with a vintage maxi-vest for Ross' 50th birthday
- Shoes - Seychelles, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) for a thrift shopping trip with Christina in September 2019
Since I had the joggers and sweater on already, I just poked around in my closet to see what would be comfy and fun to wear with them for the day while I worked on posts, made dinner and was presentable on camera.
I'm very happy that I pulled these pants out of the giveaway pile. They are a regret-me-not, and like the dress, keepers.
Didn't feel like taking them all off, just to put them back on.
- Necklace - Dots
- Earrings - Glee, local
- Silver/onyx - Tocarra, vintage fair
- Silver/crystal - Soul Flower
- Steel cuff - thrifted
- Silver dragon bangle - local
- Silver hinged cuff - thrifted, Powell River
- Filigree cuff - St. Paul's Cathedral gift shop, London, England
- Studded acrylic cuff - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
Vizzini, anything to add?
|"No, you've bothered me enough."|
I found him hiding in his house on Saturday morning.
|"Always with the pictures..."|
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for coming by!