I had very good intentions of going for a Mental Health Walk today, but then I slept in, remembered that I had not done my laundry, and observed that it was a crappy day out. So, I forgave myself and dressed up for a couple of events that would have happened around this time, if we hadn't been in the middle of a pandemic.
First: Theatre with Mom! Our final play of the Belfry season has been cancelled, but more than seeing the plays, I love my dates with Mom. She comes over and plays with Vizzini while we have a cup of tea, then we stroll to the theatre, enjoy the play, gossip about what everyone's wearing, and then go for dinner after.
- Dress - handmade, vintage 60s, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) for our 20th anniversary dinner with all our family in March 2017
- Shoes - Campers; first worn here (2nd outfit) in January during our snow daze
- Stole (below) - Danier, thrifted; last seen here (4th outfit) in December 2016 for a theatre sing-along
I can't wear this dress for work, as I have to hoik the bottom up to bend over. I also kept popping the snaps around my chest every time I reached for something. It's a "standing" dress, good for parties.
|"Yes, you've been very grabby with me, Woman."|
So it might not have been a good theatre dress, but I think this is "Mom-worthy."
I love the rich fabric. It's cotton velvet, very plush.
Look who else I caught!
|"Woman, must you be so lovey with me?"|
He's such a cutie, I can resist kissing him, but he doesn't stand it for long.
|"Unhand me, Woman!"|
He went after my earrings as soon as the timer went off. CHOMP.
How will I deal with such a little monster?
Since I would most definitely be out in public for the theatre, perhaps a hat is in order for this outfit?
There we go.
I always forget that I own this faux fur stole.
I like the different greens together.
- Gloves - Danier Leather
I love the round purse. So cute.
- Leather purse - vintage, thrifted
- Fan - gift from Mom & Dad, Spain, c. 1996
- Hat - Sylvia, vintage, thrifted
A shot of the fabulous hat.
It's built up on the crown on one side, so that it sits like a flat saucer, slightly askew on the head.
here (2nd outfit) in February 2014, when our group of friends first went to the Victoria Film Festival Gala. I should wear it more!
- Leaf cuff - vintage fair
- Shiny cuff - Matisse, vintage 60s, Grandma J's
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, vintage 70s
- Silver/amethyst ring - vintage mall
- Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, Dad's, c. 1965
While I was taking pictures of the stuff/bling, Vizzini was checking out the hat elastic.
|"A toy! For me!"|
I had to quickly put the hat (and the other, biggass hat that it lives with) back up high in my closet.
In case you're interested, I put hot rollers (KLASSY) in my hair today. I bought a little travel set of 10 (5 big, 5 small) from the drug store a little over a year ago. This set is by Revlon, and they are so easy; you just plug them in and when the dots on the end go black, they are ready to go.
I did funky "winged" eyeliner.
With the curlers out, and a brush run through it to give it some deep waves.
The wind took a lot of the curl out.
We also missed the Art Gallery's Urbanite event. It would have happened on the Friday L and I were in Vancouver (bad timing), but since both events were cancelled, here's what I would have worn to Urbanite in the universe where all the fun things actually happened.
- Dress - no label, vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) in February 2019 for Greg's birthday party
- Shoes - Entrance Room 502, Fluevog; last seen here in February with all matchy purple
I see a lot of vintage dresses when I go shopping.
I love how the brown stems and leaves are done on the arms.
It's a fairly light polyester, though.
I'll wear my pink pashmina over it for a little extra warmth.
|"Wait, what about meeee...."|
I did not know Vizzini was there until he rubbed up against me.
|"I need attention, Woman. NOW."|
You can see the single slit in the hem here - that allows for full walking movement. No restrictions at all, so I'm still wearing this so that L can see it when he gets home from his (very empty) work.
Silver and round bling:
- Silver/acrylic cuff - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
- Silver cuff - vintage, thrifted, Powell River
- Silver/amethyst ring - vintage mall
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Ball earrings - thrifted
I did change out of the shoes into a pair of socks that say "CATS!!" all over them.
And now, I'm going to go read until L gets home from work.
|"I saved you this spot here."|
Vizzini, that's L's spot. He'll be home soon to snuggle with you.
|"I guess you'll have to do."|
I am back to work tomorrow/Tuesday, and will find out then how much I'll be working for the rest of this week once I talk to my boss. Getting up that early is going to be challenging!
I hope you're all well, and staying safe!