It has been a weekend. L's family came to town on Saturday - his mom and brother - and we entertained them all weekend, which culminated with a giant dinner with my family at a local restaurant. Why all the fuss? L and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary this week!
Friday night was the only time that L and I had together, hence my lack of post, but I had a "Bam! In your face" outfit for work. See?
- Leather peplum - H&M, consignment; purchased here for $42.98
- Skirt - Precis Petite; last seen here with textural sparkle in December 2016 (with the same shoes)
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last worn here for Heavy Metal Monday a couple of weeks ago
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather, consignment
|"I have a feeling I will be ignored this weekend."|
- Belt - Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Big cuff/earrings - Renoir, vintage 60s, Grandma J's
- Smaller cuff/two non-glittery rings - vintage 70s, vintage expo
- Ring with glitter stones - vintage fair
Up bright and early to meet up with L's mom and brother for brunch. We did a lot of walking this weekend, so it was all low shoes, every day. My feet are still tired, though.
- Sweater - Gap, thrifted; last seen here in January with yellow tweed
- Skirt - Li's, thrifted; purchased here for $16.50
- Shoes - Noa Noa, consignment; last worn here in January with red leather and stripes
- Coat (below) - Danier, consignment
Purple and silver bling:
- Earrings - local
- Chaos rose ring - thrifted
- Bangle - local
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
And up again for brunch with the 'laws on Sunday.
- Blouse - no label, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here in December 2016 under my stained glass dress
- Dress - Desigual; last worn here with this same blouse in September 2016
- Boots - Lucky Brand, swap from Cat; last worn here in February in a grey daze
- Coat (below) - Samuel Dong, thrifted
- Pin - The Bay, around 15 years ago
- Earrings - consignment in Sidney
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Louise went back to the hotel for a nap, and L and V headed off to Chapters. I'd spotted a sale sign in the window at She She Shoes the day before and needed a better look. That's my excuse.
And a striped sole?
Mom arranged a big dinner for our anniversary on Sunday night, so I pulled out one of my favourite dresses that I haven't worn in forever.
- Velvet cheongsam dress - vintage, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in March 2014 for an art gallery opening, followed by a birthday party
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last seen here (4th outfit) for the second round of the Sing-Along "Sound of Music" over the Christmas holidays 2016
- Coat (below) - Danier, consignment
- Fascinator - Heart's Content
- Earrings - Le Chateau
Another crash into bed last night meant that I did no outfit planning (and it shows).
- Leather top - Asos, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit, same shoes) in November 2016 for dinner out with Tammy
- Culottes - Jones New York, vintage, thrifted; last worn here in December 2016 with matchy magenta
- Shoes - Shellys London; last seen here in December 2016 with velvet and shiny brocade
- Coat (below) - Vassali, consignment
Don't believe these are culottes? I'll prove it!
- Wrist-wrap - local
- Cuff - vintage 60s, Trifari
- Earrings - Le Chateau
I promise to do better tomorrow!
Wow, what a weekend! You knocked it out of the park with every outfit making it hard to choose a favorite. The Lola Ramona's are perfection. Congratulations to you and L on your 20th. We celebrated our 40th this past summer with a trip to PEI and NS.ReplyDelete
That sounds like a wonderful trip - I've always wanted to got to PEI. Thank you so much - wow, 40 years is amazing! Congrats to you!Delete
Congratulations on your anniversary, and many happy returns! Sounds like a very festive weekend, and your outfits are all dazzling. I love that your pick-me-up for an exhausted Monday is to don a gold leather top and sparkly shoes.ReplyDelete
Thank you, JS! Yes, lol, the top/shoes kept anyone from seeing how tired I was!Delete
wouuu, lovely copper bling, matching shoes and lots of flare!! Obviously, you look fabulous!!ReplyDelete
I love your ballerina skirt, and that amazing desigual dress (particularly cool back, hey, they made it well this time!) with your pretty teal coat and cute boots!. And those polka dot shoes are really stunning!
You're gorgeous (as usual) in your velvet floral dress, classic with a twist!, I love all the accessorizing, you rock it!
And I think all we need a shiny top to cheer up Mondays (or any other day!), you look fab, love your comfy&cool culottes and those shiny glittery shoes, such a big heel!!. So much fabulousness!
Thanks, my dear! Ha, yes, that's a much higher quality Desigual dress (it cost a lot more too). I'm so glad you enjoyed all my little outfits.Delete
Happy Anniversary! Twenty years is something to celebrate. I really enjoy your blog. Your outfits are always amazing.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for your kind wishes, Cathy! Thanks for reading!Delete
Happy anniversary, 20 years is a wonderful milestone :) You blog so much so regularly it's perfectly understandable if you need to take a little time away from the computer, especially on such a big weekend! I love the shoes you scored, and while you weren't a fan of that last outfit I did like the shiny top and shoes together - good trick to distract from how tired you were! :)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Mica! I can't believe it's been so long. Yup, I have to live my life in order to have stuff to blog about! Heh, you totally fell for my distraction!Delete
Congrats on 20 years She ! Hell I know its not easy :)ReplyDelete
Now, on to the looks: the metal look is fabulous. The skirt and top are the perfect silhouette.
The walk to brunch with mom look I love too!! When you wear that tulle skirt always makes me want to have one... I'm still looking.
The Lola Ramona shoes are a work of art. I don't think I had seen the two sided earrings from Sidney, they are so cool.
You know I love outdoor pictures because I can see the colors better !!! So it's been a real treat.
Thank you! No, it's not - it's a lot of work. :)Delete
Thanks! The copper/peplum look is my favourite. I want to wear that tulle skirt every day, I love it so much. The shoes are so fab - I'm excited to bring them into my spring/summer outfits. It's finally starting to get lighter in the mornings, so better pictures!
You certainly had a busy weekend.Absolutely fab outfits! My favourites are the Cheong Sam dress - (I love them) and the amazing Desigual dress.ReplyDelete
The new shoes are fantastic.
Hope you have a quieter week.
It's another busy week, this week - and weekend upcoming as well! Thank you! I was thinking I'd give up the cheongsam but I may keep it after all.Delete
The big two oh. Hard to believe, right? And there seems to be no slow-down to life. Excellent. All your outfits are dazzling of course. Your last unplanned one I really like too, it's a subtle BAM! if such a thing is possible. And your copper belt. That is too cool. You need a quiet weekend now - but you aren't going to get it! Hahaha!!ReplyDelete
It is totally hard to believe - and things only seem to get faster. Aw, thank you - I know it's the weakest of them, but sometimes you just don't feel like thinking too much about it.Delete
Nope, no quiet weekend here. It's like I have plans or something...with "someone." :)
Big congratulations on the anniversary to you both - well done!ReplyDelete
There's such a lot that I love in this post Sheila - the peplum top, the gold top, the fabulous velvet dress, the ballet skirt, those polka dot shoes with their striped soles - I'm fight off the green eyed monster here, really I am.
Looks like you had a ball x
Thank you! It was an exhausting but fun weekend!Delete