Welcome back, my friends! I hope you've been weathering this worldwide storm, and staying safe. This post will not be as bigass as usual, due to most people self-isolating and events and things being cancelled, but we will make do.
- Jacket - Pink Tartan, consignment; last worn here in February with psychedelic silk
- Blouse, Nygard Black Label, consignment; purchased here for $15.00
- Trousers - Talbots, thrifted; last seen here in January with roses
- Shoes - Tudor Prysten, Fluevog; last worn here in February with a favourite outfit
- Coat (below) - L'Atiste, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here in February
I'll be packing away both this jacket and the trousers for spring/summer, even though they could easily work in the "shoulder" weeks - I have just too many clothes, and only so many hangers!
Anyway, not many folks saw my outfit, but I liked all the patterns and the greens.
The blouse is in the laundry because...yup, I sweated in it.
Because of my boobtastic-ness, only the bottom two buttons can get done up.
Outerwear - on the way home, it was hugely windy (we've had winds over 50km/hour for a couple of days), so I had to carry my hat.
- Hat - vintage, thrifted, Vancouver
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Brooch - vintage mall; purchased here for $39.00
- Earrings - thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
I pinned the brooch just above my pocket on the jacket and let his tail hang down.
L and I set out the candles (in case of power failure from the high winds) and played board games on Friday night. No flickerings, but better to be ready than to have to look for candles or a lighter! A lot of people in Victoria did lose power.
We were up early on Saturday morning for brunch. The health authority is assuring people that we can still go to restaurants and shop, just be safe and wash your hands, don't touch your face and stay home if you're sick.
- Sweater - RW and Co., consignment; last worn here in December 2019 over a leather dress
- Tee (below) - Plum, thrifted; last worn here, way back in May 2018 (6th outfit), under a denim vest/dress
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit), also way back in December 2018, for theatre with Mom
- Shoes - Down to Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last seen here with pink and red in December 2019
- Coat (below) - Topshop, consignment; last worn here in February
I'd been hearing stories of people buying oodles of toilet paper, but there was lots in the store. It was fairly quiet out on the streets and in stores, though. People are definitely staying in.
It flaps loudly, like sails, when I walk.
I layered this black oily-textured tee under it - I'm able to easily shuck the sweater if I have a hot flash.
With scarf and shoes.
Outerwear - finally, a sweater/outfit that doesn't ride up with this fuzzy coat!
- Scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Gloves - Danier Leather
Done up - I actually folded the collars in and zipped it to the top.
- Earrings - gift from Mom
Here's to my wonderful women!
On Sunday, I walked to the grocery store to do my weekly shop, only to find that they had stopped doing deliveries. I cabbed home and plan to just chill for the rest of the day, just like Mr. Vizzini here.
|"I'm guarding the Man's shirts by sleeping on them."|
He's been wonderful comfort - Purr Therapy is excellent.
|"So is chewing on buttons."|
We'll have to see how this plays out over the next few weeks, but you readers may be the only audience for my outfits for a while! Be assured, that I will not be taking a blog hiatus - as long as I'm going to work, I'll be posting, and if I'm forced to be at home, I'll go out into my neighbourhood for some adventure photo-shoots.
I hope everyone had a safe and healthy weekend! Thank you so much for dropping by, and for your comments, especially, as we all become a bit more isolated in real life. Virtual hugs to you all!