Hello, my friends! Today, I started with one outfit, then switched to another, so you get a "two-fer"...the price of one!.
- Top - Gorgeous, thrifted; last seen here in November 2018 with a leather skirt
- Leather pants - Gap, 2000, vintage store, Vancouver; last worn here in October 2018 with pink bell sleeves
- Shoes - Shellys London; last seen here (3rd outfit) in December 2017 for a sparkly party in an orange gown
As you can tell by the "last worn" dates above, these are all items that I have not worn in a year or more. The top - while amazing - is a smidge too snug. I do adore the green rabbit fur trim around the neckline, though, and it's just beautifully made, so it's still a keeper for me.
When I don't feel comfortable in an outfit, I'm not going to stay in the clothes.
|"Off off off."|
But I had fun dressing up in both the top and pants, just to get a wear of them in for this season.
I also thought, "Why not pull out a pair of party shoes?"
I had fun playing with my hair - I did a slight side part and curled it with clips.
- Earrings - Reiss, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Tiger brooch - consignment
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Barrette (above) - Icing
I was up early this morning, and out the door quickly to go for my Mental Health Walk - it was overcast and there were much fewer people out, but I had a good solid 8K walk, done in an hour. When I got home, I grabbed a backpack and some bags and went and got groceries.
|"Seriously, you're going out again?"|
The stores are much less crowded in the middle of the day, so this ended being a smart move vs. going after work or on the weekend. Everything went successfully, with minimal stress, and I spent the afternoon creating outfits to detox from being out.
Since I couldn't hang around the house, blog or make stew in the above outfit, I made another one!
- Sweater - Nor; last seen here (2nd outfit) in January with these same shoes and silver pants
- Tee (underneath) - Ted Baker, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in September 2019 with a space jacket for Vero's birthday bash
- ORANGE LEATHER SHORTS - Danier Leather, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in January 2018
- Shoes - Star Wars Collection, Irregular Choice; last seen here with this sweater in January
Sorry to shout at you, but the ORANGE LEATHER SHORTS get very cranky if I don't give them all caps.
I layered my stretchy tee with a sweater over it due to hot flashes. If I have to take the sweater off, I want to still look good!
Big pockets, good for jamming my hands in 'em.
Check out that massive rise!
Left hand bling:
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Cuff - vintage 80s
Right hand bling:
- Crystal/silver ring - Soul Flower
- Top wrap - Kipling Leather, thrifted
- Cuff - BCBG, thrifted
As you can see, my curly hair had completely fallen by the time I did the second outfit. I did discover that my leather/chair wrist-wrap works beautifully in my hair as a head-band! It has weight from the chain but stays put, since the backside of the leather is suede, which doesn't slide in my hair. Nice!
|"Live long and prosper!"|
- Earrings - consignment
- Chain/leather bracelet/headband - local
- Star Trek communicator badge - MoPop gift shop, Seattle
My beef stew is bubbling away on the stove, and L will be home from work soon. Guess what's for dinner?
|"Chicken paste with tuna juice? Kitty treats?"|
He hasn't moved from that chair all day! What a lump of cat he is.