It's been a lovely chill weekend, both weather-wise and lifestyle-wise. Let me tell you all about it!
Here's Friday's outfit - as you can see, I went more funky than casual, but I had a date with my sweetie for a nice dinner out after work, and I like to look nice for L.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go!
- Sweater - J. Crew Collection, thrifted; last worn here in December 2018 with jeans
- Trousers - H&M, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here in September with a painty blazer
- Shoes - History Sandy, Fluevog, consignment; first worn here in October with toasty tweeds
- Coat (below) - Auckie Sanft, vintage 60s, thrifted; last seen here a couple of weeks ago
I was thrilled at how well my thousand-dollar sweater (seriously, it retailed for over $1,400!!) worked with these pink trousers - the sweater's background colour is pale pink.
I am so glad I kept some of my brights out in my fall/winter wardrobe, like these pink pants.
Me, I'm looking at a weekend!
Although, could I be any pinker?
- Silk scarf - vintage, thrifted
- Wool gloves - Parkhurst
- Cuff - handmade, Nashville, TN
- Silver earrings - Brenda Schoenfeld, 1992, vintage mall
- Silver/onyx ring - Tocara, vintage fair
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Brooch - Pastelli, vintage 60s, Grandma S's
I wore Gram's brooch on the coat, just like she probably wore it.
I made another Zentangle, for my coworker Angie.
L and I hung out and played our favourite massive multi-character cooperative boardgame, Arkham Horror, on Friday night. I was up early to go for my Mental Health Walk (brrr, it was cold down on the ocean!), and then we headed to town to meet up with Patrick and Nicola for lunch at the Garrick's Head Pub.
- Sweater - RW & Co., thrifted; first worn here in October with plaid
- Skirt - Hucke, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in November 2018 with red for brunch
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last worn here in October as a crocheted cowgirl
- Coat (below) - Rodarte for Opening Ceremony, consignment; last seen here in February on a snow day
I have a full vintage slip on under this outfit for additional warmth, as well as thick black tights.
Also, no pockets! I bought in 2017 it for $17.99 and wore it four times. It is what it is.
Check out the back.
- Necklace - Robert Larin, vintage 70s, gift from L
- Earrings - Glee
- Onyx/silver ring - Tocara, vintage fair
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
I checked out a new consignment store I'd heard of by mouth, Upcycle (link here, 'cause I love), touted as "A Clothing Collective" - I've had a good poke around their site and had a nice chat with Brenda, one of the owners. Hello!
My Favourite Victoria Second-Hand Clothing Stores tab (here) has been updated to add Upcycle, as I'm sure I'll be back. Their sales model is consignment, and I like that they are upfront with disclosing how markdowns work (50% off after 30 days), and their ethic of minimizing fast fashion. I'm on board: bring on the second-hand clothing!
Here's what I found (because, OF COURSE I found a few things!).
The elastic slingback is quite comfortable.
The brand is Sol Sana, which I've had good luck with (you'll recall these black and silver platform sandals here, and these spotty white ankle strap shoes here, both big favourites).
I really liked this long light grey vest-style duster. A vuster?
I was thrilled to find this awesome puffer coat for $39.00.
And that it's stuffed with real down/feathers!
It's by Donna Karan. And it's machine washable.
Look how sweet it is on! It does up with a wide grossgrain tie inside, then it wraps across and ties again on the side. No buttons or zippers, except on the side pockets.
Hood up! The down filling is so light - this coat weights nothing, so it won't crush/flatten my hair.
I also really liked these simple bronzy hoops.
They're shiny on the inside, matt/brushed on the outside.
After my shop, I was all tuckered out from walking so much. I had a nap with L and Vizzini, and then got ready for Winesday at Cat's place. I didn't do much, as Winesday's a more casual affair - we sit around, eat, drink and chat, so want to be super-comfy.
- Sweater - RW & Co., thrifted; as above
- Jeans - Ray Beams, thrifted; purchased here for $29.99
- Boots - Arnold Churgin, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) in October for a weekend shop
- Coat (below) - Donna Karan, consignment; purchased above for $39.00
The jeans were cooed over and much admired by the gals. I've been watching this cropped cut and wide-legged, high-waisted style for a bit and am enjoying trying it out. It took me a while to get used to the look, much like it took a while to get used to skinny jeans, back in the mid-2000s, when we'd been wearing boot-cut jeans for a decade.
It's important to keep trying new things - even if they don't work out! - it keeps my style ever-evolving and modern, rather than stuck in a rut. But hey, nothing wrong with a good rut either!
I did ginger cookie and caramel soy ice cream, with a drizzle of Saskatoon berry topping, and a thin Swedish ginger cookie (plus a big plate of Lindt chocolate: 75% dark, salted dark, caramel crunch milk chocolate and salted caramel Lindt balls). Just in case you're interested.
I test-drove my new-to-me down-filled puffer coat.
It was fabulous! It completely blocked the wind, was water resistant in the spitty rain (dried quickly, with no damage at all to the feathers - remember, it's washable!) and was snuggly warm. The hood mostly stood up/stayed in place/covered my hair except when the wind was in my face. I'm in love!
- Scarf - V. Frass, thrifted
- Wool gloves - Parkhurst
- Earrings - consignment; first wearing
I had to wear the earrings right away!
On Sunday, we just hung out and spent time with Vizzini and watched football.
|"Must you bother me, Woman?"|
Well, he hung out in the bedroom, where it's warmer. Yes, that's a sock on the curtain in the background. Guess who likes to chew on our curtains?
Laundry day! Off the bed you go, bud!
|"First you wake me, and now I have to get up?"|
He'll be back up there as soon as a there's a load of warm clothes fresh from the dryer.
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Thank you so much for coming by!