Hello, my friends. We're at the tail-end of our Labour Day long weekend, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the last day before what's sure to be a very busy day tomorrow at work.
But let's not think of such things! Let's cast our minds back to the halcyon day of Friday when the weekend was still full of promise.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go!
- Silk blouse - Bird by Juicy Couture, thrifted; first worn here in July with culottes and sparkles
- Skirt - 3.1 Phillip Lim, thrifted; purchased here for $19.99
- Shoes - Effortless Vivian, Fluevog; last seen here in July with the Lifesavers dress
- Coat (below) - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here a couple of weeks ago
L gave this outfit an enthusiastic thumbs' up and "Woo, sexy!" comment in the morning, even though I still had my hair up in twists to make it curly.
I love the soft grey-ish tone of this blue silk blouse - lots of coverage for the intermittent sun (and spitting rain), and to make the skirt more businesslike. The office was dead on Friday, though.
The skirt is fabulous, isn't it? And pockets too!
Coated due to variable weather conditions.
- Brooch - Pastelli, vintage early 60s, Grandma S
- Earrings - Plum
- Silver/onyx ring - Toccara, vintage fair
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
I got home late from Mai's send-off and L was out with a coworker. Someone was not happy with me.
|"I expect my dinner on time, Woman."|
Vizzini is a seething loaf of fury.
After a chill Friday night (much-needed), I went to town early on Saturday to meet up with a former WW member of mine, Christina, for a shopping trip through the WIN (Women in Need) store on Pandora.
- Acid wash denim vest - ChiqQle, thrifted; last seen here for a Corey Hart concert with Ali in June
- T-shirt - Banana Republic, thrifted; last worn here in June with silk pants for brunch
- Skirt - See by Chloe, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in May for a weekend shopping trip
- Shoes - Seychelles, thrifted; last worn here with the last of my Helmut Lang blouse in July
Christina was looking to get out of her colour rut (mostly blue) and find some new-to-her clothes for her changing body as she works on her wellness journey. We had a great time, and spent nearly two hours combing the store for goodies. She ended up with 4 or 5 items for less than $40, and was really happy with all of her finds.
I met L after the shopping expedition, and we had lunch at John's Place diner, then did a few downtown chores before heading home and relaxing with Vizzini for the evening.
Isn't it pretty? It has two layers of micro-pleated swoosh.
Ready to go, but what's that?
- Hat - Deluxe
- Purse - Roots, thrifted
Rejoining "Hat Attack!" over at the Style Crone! Check her out!
- Aventurine/silver ring - antique mall
- Wood ring - thrifted
- Wood/silver earrings - consignment, Powell River
In addition to Christina's treasures, there were a few things that I couldn't leave behind, including this little bit of insanity.
Please. This has my name written all over it!
Nice details - a name on the buttons usually speaks to higher quality.
Mine has very little wear - the pockets on the front are real, but have not been opened up...
You know my love for black and white/cream patterns, so this lovely knit sweater dress caught my eye on my "paw-through" the dress racks (I often run my hand through the mass of fabrics to find the "real" materials).
I could barely read the label, but at $11.95, it was worth a try on.
I've never heard of this brand before, but a cotton/linen blend will nearly always catch my eye (or hand).
here (link 'cause I love), this probably would have been in the $200 range for a knit long-sleeved dress.
I also found this top in with the vintage clothes.
Vizzini was happy to have us home together on Saturday night.
|"More cuddles would be nice."|
After a late evening playing boardgames, we both slept in and had to rush to get out of the house to go to the Splash Poolside Lounge for Vero's birthday hang-out on Sunday.
- Jacket - Prosperity, consignment; purchased here for $25.00
- Sparkle tee - Ted Baker, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) for Book Club in March(with these same pants!)
- Space jeans - H&M, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in that same outfit for Book Club
- Shoes - Miista; last worn here in July with neon and chrysanthemums
I'm all sparkly and metallic - it's a space-suit!
L getting ready.
I wore my new-to-me space jacket for walking there and back, but as the sun peeped out (and not) from the clouds, I kept it on most of the day.
Such a great pattern of constellations.
- Purse - Danier Leather, thrifted
- Brooch - gift from Mom, New Zealand
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
- Earrings - Fossil, thrifted
- Bracelet - Fossil, gift from L
- F#@! rings - Wendy Brandes
Vizzini hopes everyone had a wonderful long weekend.
|"I do? Get out of my face, Woman."|
And I'll leave you with a pensive look and a peek at my outrageous swear rings.
|"Hmmm...what's in store for the week ahead? F#@!"|
Thanks so much for stopping by!