Hello, my friends! In the interest of me not being up till 10pm on Sunday, blogging my closet swap-over AND my full weekend of fun activities, I'm doing all my outfits separately, then I'll do a post for the closet process.
So this is the outfit post. Here's Friday!
I liked how the jacket looked done up for the stair pose, so extra bonus picture.
- Jacket - Part Two suiting; last seen here with matching pants in July
- Blouse - Karl Lagerfeld, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September 2018 with these same pants!
- Leather pants - Free People, Portland; last seen here in May with heavy metal
- Shoes - Matisse; last worn here in May when I first wore the full suit suit
Interesting things about this outfit: 3 out of 4 items are actual retail buys, and every piece has been worn with at least one of the items in this outfit before, even though they've never been worn in this combination.
Friday was fridge clean-out day, where I toss all unlabeled and expired food items from all four office fridges. It's my least favourite part of my job, and I do it every month.
But I did it in style! Lots of patterns, texture and shine!
It's funny to me to see this boxy style of jacket come around again in fashion.
My concession to the slightly chilly mornings was this lovely silk/wool/cashmere pashmina.
- Scarf - gift from Mom
Silver and gold bling:
- Gold earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Silver/gold cuff - JPL, vintage fair
- Steel bracelet - POLY, thrifted
- Steel/mixed ring - POLY, vintage expo
- Silver/crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence
We had a quick dinner after work, then got ready for Urbanite at the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria. The theme was "Stimuli", engaging your senses. Urbanite is a 3-hour party at the Art Gallery, with a DJ, interactive exhibits, a craft table, a bar with specialty cocktails, beer and wine. It's a blast - L and I have been going for close to 20 years, since it first started.
- Dress - Kimchi Blue; last worn here (2nd outfit) in May 2018 for a not so wee Afternoon Tea
- Harness - Audra Jean via Megan Mae, last worn here in October 2016 when I was Imperator Furiosa for Hallowe'en
- Shoes - Chie Mihara; last seen here in September with matching stripes
- Silk topper (below) - Nancymac, consignment; first worn here in July with yellow and browns
I like to get a little weird for Urbanite. When else am I going to get the opportunity to get my freak on?
I am wearing a copper leather harness by Mark of Audra Jean. Their Etsy page is defunct, but there's an article here from Audi's now-dormant blog from 2011, that mentions Megan Mae's "Genevieve Bronze Underbust Harness." That's this harness - I bought it off Megan Mae (blog also no longer functional).
There are two front slits in the dress, which lets it billow out behind me.
If I'm going to wear my steampunk harness, I have to wear my steampunk arm gauntlet and carry my steampunk purse!
It was too chilly to not have a topper, but few of my coats fit over that studded gauntlet.
I felt even more diva-ish.
It was a fun outfit to wear, and I was by no means the most dressy or whackadoo person there - Karen wore a boa with lights in it!
The stuff:these ones) except they are still in fall/winter storage. Sandals would have to do. At least I could walk to and from the Gallery in these.
My arm bracer is by Skinz-n-Hydez (Etsy here), purchased at the one and only steampunk convention, back in 2012 (enjoy our awesome fun here).
- Purse - FiveLeft, local
- Bracer - Skinz-n-Hydez
- Earrings - thrifted
- Ring - thrifted
- Amber ring - c.1996
I busted out my vintage pink crimping iron from 1986 (here) and pouffed my hair out. I fluffed it out bigger and bigger over the night - it was so fun, and I really loved it with my grey hair.
L also got his freak on.
"Look like you're having fun," I commanded.
|"What is this?"|
|"You'd better give me my treats before you go out!"|
We did not; he got them when we got home at 11:30pm. He yowled quite a lot.
Aw, I love this picture.
Today/Saturday, we were up early to have brunch at Pluto's and run a few errands.
- Coat - Paparazzi, thrifted, Vancouver; last worn here in April with circles and squares
- Sweater - Kersh decorated by Pena, thrifted; last seen here in August with green lace (and the same shoes)
- Cords - Banana Republic, thrifted; last worn here in August with double optics
- Shoes - Prepare Guide, Fluevog; last seen here with the jelly-deer sweater in August
Without the jacket, although I only took it off for brunch itself.
Our waitress at Pluto's was confounded by our dressiness.
Coated - this wonderful (although frustratingly pocketless!) coat is black denim and is fully embroidered.
That's an outrage - why would you not put pockets on a coat?
Utterly gorgeous. It's like wearing a work of art. It weighs a ton.
- Fur pin - Catawumpus
- Earrings - Mango's
- Turquoise/silver ring - local
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Tonight is Winesday and I want to be comfortable and not dressed up.
- Kimono - thrifted, Portland; purchased and worn here for $29.00 earlier this month
- Long-sleeved tee - not tracked (house clothes)
- Sweater - Bleu & Gray, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) in August with the brolly skirt
- Jeans - Gap, thrifted; last seen here in December 2018 with shiny stuff
- Boots - Arnold Churgin, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) for some shopping in August
Nothing too complicated.
And with that - Yvonne just called and the cab is on the way! I'll be back (maybe) tomorrow with the big closet swap-over! I hope you're all having a marvelous weekend!