Forgive my hyperbole, but this is actually the Best Dress Ever. It's a Slow Fashion champ, too.
- Dress - Desigual, 2010, London; last worn here in March with bold gold
- Lace top - Tangerine Jill, thrifted; last seen here under my long blue cardi in January
- Shoes - Miista; last worn here (3rd outfit) earlier this month for Vero's birthday hangout
- Coat (below) - Tangerine Jill, thrifted; last seen here in May over a lovely Nanette Lepore dress
I layered my thick stretch lace top under it this time. It's such a versatile dress for layering.
"I've got my eye on you!" My coworkers always chortle at that. This is their favourite dress of mine, for sure.
And there is a large parrot embroidered on this side.
Outerwear. This is really a bright bubblegum pink - I'm highly visible to traffic while I'm walking to work.
this dress. They made beautiful clothes.
Nice deep pockets. They're lined in pink satin, like the entire coat, including under those ruffled lapels.
- Earrings - don't remember
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Book Club is tonight, and I'm off to Karen's shortly. In my book club, when it's your turn, you pick the next book and buy all the copies for distribution. It's completely your choice, whatever genre or subject you want, and it's a surprise. Our host provides dinner, we bring our drink preferences, we catch up, discuss our last book, and then the picker presents the book.
Tonight's my turn! I picked a history book...a fashion history book!
|The Battle of Versailles by Robin Givhan (summary here, linking 'cause I love).|
Of course, I have to take my piece of authentic vintage Stephen Burrows to show my book clubbers!
And now, my friends, I must head out for the evening. I'll be back on Sunday with tales of adventure! Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!