Well, I had planned to wear my new-to-me Dries Van Noten skirt today, and had an outfit all picked out. This is not it.
- Dress - Eliza J, consignment; first worn here (3rd outfit) for Alison's 50th birthday party in April
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog, via Fluemarket; last seen here with my banana-bird-butterfly outfit in July
- Shrug (below) - Le Chateau, thrifted; last worn here (3rd-ish outfit, way down at the bottom) in July 2018 after our trip to Powell River
I love experimenting with fashion and my own personal style, so I'm not afraid of unusual shapes or "challenging" pieces, but the Dries skirt was just not right with what I'd planned. Nope. And no time to properly wardrobe something else, so pull out a dress!
Eliza J dress thrift purchase reminded me that I had another Eliza J dress (also with wacky sizing). This one!
Sidetracking: I also still have this gorgeous lace dress by Eliza J, which is due for a re-wear soon - it's been nearly 5 years since I last wore it! Oh, and I'd forgotten all about this chartreuse green satin dress (once seen here in 2009, but worn a few times pre-blog), that I purchased in NYC at Filene's Basement in 2008 - it has been long gone from my closet. I guess I like this brand!
And I know how a fit-and-flare dress works on my body (awesomely).
This is nearly the identical way I wore it the first time.
Covered up for the sun.
- Belt - Liz Claiborne, vintage 80s, thrifted
- Bangle - thrifted
- Bakelite earrings - vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Vizzini was rubbing all over my legs to get me to feed him, so I saw on the floor and took his picture.
|"You will feed me NOW."|
Then I planned tomorrow's outfit properly - by trying things on!