Happy weekend, my friends! Yes, yes, we still have to get through Friday, but it's practically here. Fridays are pretty quiet for me.
- Dress - Eliza J, thrifted; purchased here for $24.95
- Shoes - Arnold Churgin, thrifted; first worn here in July with my bubble jammy dress
Here we go, this shows it off better.
And did you realize...? This is a jammy dress! I'm literally just wearing a dress and shoes. It does not get any easier.
I'm including the close-up picture of the texture again so that you can see that this dress is LACE and lined (not the sleeves, that's my hand in there below).
I wore my cashmere pashmina around my neck and arms for sun coverage walking to both works.
- Pashmina - Portolano, thrifted
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Earrings - handmade gift from Sherri
- Bracelet - Coro, vintage 60s, Mom's
The bracelet made a break for it twice today. I need to tighten up that clasp.
I popped out to the bookstore across from my office building - they had a one-day Buy 1, Get One Free sale on (they're moving to a bigger space a block away).
- The Way She Looks Tonight: Five Women of Style, by Marian Fowler, link here. Historical women, including Jackie O, Marlena Dietrich and the Duchess of Windsor (Wallis Simpson) and how they've influenced the last 150 years of fashion. History, good stuff.
- Fashion Victim, by Michelle Lee, link here. The ethics and politics of fashion, from the impact of fast fashion and how we consume. Juicy, and I'm sure it will be thought-provoking.
- Gods and Kings, by Dana Thomas, link here. This is subtitled "The Rise and Fall of Alexander McQueen and John Galliano", two designers lost too soon, and how the Fashion Machine has changed in the last 30 years.
I haven't read any of these reviews yet, but it looks like I lucked out - they all have 4+ stars/5 stars! I also bought "Neil Gaiman's Lady Justice, Vol. One", a graphic novel. I'm a Gaiman fan, and oh, it looks like this is the stinker of my purchases, with only 2.5/5 (link here) and not very good reviews. I'll lower my expectations accordingly. Ah well, I only spent $20 on all four books, so I'm good with that. I'm looking forward to reading all of these.
Now, I'm also looking forward to spending some time with both of my guys this weekend, including this little furry monster.
|"Are you still here?"|
Caught him snoozing on the bed this morning before I left for work. Of course I have to wake him up - it's only fair when he rouses me at 5am.
And with that, I am off until Sunday, when I shall return to regale you with tales of adventure! Have a wonderful weekend, and thank you so much for dropping by.