Hello, my friends! I have lots of clothes to share with you, so let's get this started.
The weather continues to be less-than-summer-like this week, although it's finally being sunny. I just really wanted to wear this lovely rich purple velvet dress.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go, go, go!
- Dress - Betsey Johnson, consignment; purchased here for $68.00
- Shoes - Seychelles, thrifted; last seen here in May with metal and magenta
- Leather jacket (below) - Kensie, consignment; last worn here in June
Although I'm calling this dress "velvet", it's technically velour, since it's a velvet technique done on knit instead of a woven fabric.
It's a nice wide skirt.
I used the pockets frequently.
I'm also a big-time swoosher!
I wore this light yellow leather jacket as coverage from the "will it appear?" sun.
Silver stud bling:
- Belt - vintage fair
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Cuff - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
We visited friends Cat and Ross on Friday night, and played boardgames with Chris and Alli until the wee hours, but we were up bright and early for a game of Ultimate Frisbee!
- Duster - Lysse; last seen here in June with silk pants
- Dress - Trina Turk, consignment; first worn here in February with more black and tan
- Shoes - Rivers Tambo, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) in August 2018
I wore the duster while I was out in the sun (I'm still fully sunblocked).
We went for lunch after at Pluto's Diner, then I had a wee shop at the WIN Boutique after.
They are still stiff (two days later), but it could have been worse!
Being sassy with my sunglasses on.
- Earrings - thrifted
I had a bit of luck at the WIN Boutique. I'm quite a fussy shopper, but with the size of my closet, I have to be!
This cuff is acrylic and I like the shades of navy and blue and gray in it.
I am always on the lookout for good functional tops. This is a glorious shade of cobalt blue.
I know Smoking Lily - they are an ethical local clothing producer - and that their tops sell for much more than $14.95.
I found this perfect black mock-turtleneck sweater in modal (very soft, stretchy and washable).
It's by Twik and was only $6.95.
I am a new-ish convert to linen, and the rich coral of this top leapt out at me.
It's by Gap and was $12.95.
I had a nice nap when I got home, and recovered from my physical exertions.
Vizzini's been enjoying the sun.
|"I found a sunbeam just my size."|
He likes the warm tiles on the deck.
L and I played boardgames on Saturday night, then spent a leisurely Sunday morning having breakfast and lounging around, before heading to town to meet up with our crew for some food and bevvies at Belleville's on the harbour.
- Cardigan - J. Crew, thrifted; purchased here for $4.48
- Jumpsuit - JC de Castelbajac, vintage 90s, thrifted; first worn here in May with a red cardigan
- Shoes - Chie Mihara; last seen here (5th outfit) in June with a vintage jumpsuit for L's birthday party (the third outfit change!)
I took the cardigan off while sprawling in a chair at the pub.
It's such a wonderful piece.
I like that my blue bra lines up with the straps, so I don't have to wear a strapless bra with it.
Cardi-ed up. I bought these two pieces on the same day.
I'm always inspired to Drama! when wearing it!
- Cuff/ring - 1960s, Italian, vintage mall
- Wood earrings - vintage fair
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Speaking of blue, I did a lilac toner in my hair on Sunday morning and it turned my hair pale blue.
As it fades, it will make my silver brighter and less brassy.
Today/Monday is Canada Day! As usual, L and I like to hide from the mad throng of people who head to town - there will be fireworks tonight.
- Dress - Rachel Roy, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in August 2018 for brunch
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last worn here (4th outfit) in August 2018 on a long weekend ramble
This is one of my summer jammy dresses. Long sleeves for sun coverage.
Oh, it has pockets.
- Gold hoops - 5th anniversary gift from L
Nothing's open on Canada Day, so I was surprised to see that Vanity Fair Antique Mall was! Of course, I had to go in for a look around.
I'm going to wear the ring on my thumb. Most rings are way too big on me, but it's even harder to find one that fits my skinny thumbs.
The ring was $26.00 - it's stamped "950" which is still silver, but will tarnish more than sterling, and is also softer.
The bracelet is made of little interlocking parts strung together with two rows of elastic thread. I like the pale green with the gold-tone metal - this will go with my light-green "set" of jewelry.
And now, time to enjoy the lingering sunny afternoon.
Maybe nap time, Vizzini!
Thank you all so much for swinging by!