I usually do a more red-and-white Canada Day outfit for our July 1st national holiday, but since I
hid from the world mostly stayed home yesterday, I kind of did it today instead.
Canadians are known for saying, "Eh" (rhymes with "hay") - and we do! It basically means, "don't ya think?" or "wouldn't you agree?" as in "Cute top, eh?" or "That was a beauty of a sunset, eh?" However, we don't expect an answer - it's more of a rhetorical "eh." Hee hee! Now you can all speak Canadian!
- Top - Le Chateau, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in September 2018 for the long weekend friends gathering
- Skirt - Smoking Lily, thrifted; purchased here for $6.95
- Star Wars "I Know" shoes - Poetic Licence, gift from Louise; last seen here (2nd outfit) in May for a shopping expedition
- Coat (below) - Avoca; last worn here in May
I have worn this top with a white skirt before (here, 2 years ago), again for Canada Day.
Since I haven't worn this skirt before, I wasn't sure how it would behave, but it was lovely to wear.
However, since I'm now off work for a whole week (!!), screw it, ha ha! I only went in for one day to a) deal with the 3 new people who started today and b) clear the decks for being off for a week.
Coated - yes, it was very chilly this morning, and rained most of the day.
Blue and silver bling:
- Cuff - thrifted; purchased here for $6.95 - first wearing
- Sterling silver necklace pendant/earrings - M&M, consignment, Vancouver
- Silver/stone ring - purchased here for $26.00
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
So, my friends, I am off for a whole week.
|"What? Wait, you're LEAVING ME? I did not approve of this!"|
I have not lined up any posts while I'm gone, but I hope you'll pop in next week to see what I've been up to (tease: I'm flying somewhere, and I'll be seeing an east coast blogger I've met twice before).