Hello, my friends, I'm back! I hope you are having/had a fabulous weekend!
Here's Friday's outfit - in your face!
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. I was certainly visible!
- Cardigan - no label, thrifted; not tracked
- Linen jumpsuit - JC de Castelbajac, vintage 90s, thrifted; purchased here for $37.99
- Shoes - Zoomies Ishshoes, Fluevog; last worn here (3rd outfit) in April for tea at the Abkhazi Gardens
I did a lot of this:
No, really! It's not a dress?
Okay, here it is all normal.
I rolled my hair and pinned it while I put my make-up on.
With the cardigan on, which is how I wore it all day.
I'm so glad I had this professionally hemmed (thank you, Vlad the Tailor!).
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - Brenda Schoenfeld, 1992, vintage mall
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
I bused home after work to feel Vizzini and change my outfit before heading back to town to meet up with L, Mom and her brother/my uncle from Australia. When he didn't come running to greet me, I was quite worried about Mr. Kitty, but he'd spotted an intruder!
|"Woman! Fetch me that bird!"|
I don't know what kind of bird that is, but his claws were hooked through the bedroom window screen, and he was cheeping away at Vizzini, who was VERY agitated by the whole thing. When I opened the window to help the bird escape, he flew away. Was he clinging there just to taunt Vizzini?
I changed outfits for dinner - I wanted something comfy for sitting and for walking partway home after.
- Dress - Etro, vintage 90s, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) for Winesday in September 2018
- Shoes - Karl Lagerfeld; last seen here (3rd outfit) a few weeks ago with lots of greens
- Jacket (below) - Dolce & Gabbana, vintage 90s, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) a couple of weeks ago to hang out at my brother's
See how straight my hair got over the day?
I'm still boggled that I only paid $6.00 for this silk stretch jersey Etro dress!
As I walked down the restaurant, I passed tourists complaining about it being "freezing!"
On Saturday, we had enough to play Ultimate Frisbee, but had a last-minute "I'm sick!" cancellation. L and I walked to the field (in the pouring rain!) to send home anyone who missed the email, and then we went to the pub for breakfast.
- Top - Tangerine Jill, thrifted; first worn here in January in two outfits in one day
- Dress - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted; last seen here in September 2018 with different boots (same necklace)
- Boots - Matisse, consignment; last worn here in March with a fine skirt
- Coat (below) - Avoca; last seen here over a scribble dress
I'm still trying to work out all the settings on my camera.
I can't quite get a handle on the indoor shots yet.
I love this silk velvet dress.
It was totally pouring. Need my raincoat!
|L is always silly!|
- Necklace - local
- Earrings - thrifted
We had to wait a few minutes for the pub to open, so we browsed in Luna, where I spotted this magnificent felt hat. It has no label but it's made in China. I love the dark green colour.
I also spotted a snake hair barrette for $14.00.
After a nap in the afternoon, I hosted a giant swap/clothing giveaway at our place, and gave away a ton of clothes. I still have a giant mound, so I'm going to sort it and start taking the leftovers to work for my colleagues. Anything not given away will be donated to charity.
I reclaimed a few of my own items that I decided I had to keep (and I'm going to feature some this week to make sure I really want them!).
I found a label in the shoulder - it's by Maggie by Jana.
Well, my friends, I'm off to enjoy what's left of this fine Sunday. Thank you so much for stopping by!