Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! Another Happy Mother's Day to my own Mom, along with another big "Happy Birthday" to her!
We have lots to get through, so let's kick it off with Friday's work outfit.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. What are you waiting for? Go!
- Kimono - no label, consignment; purchased here for $49.99
- Sweater - Ellen Tracy, swap from Caro; last worn here in June 2018 with chartreuse and green lace (love that outfit)
- Jeans - L'Wren Scott for Banana Republic, thrifted; purchased here for $6.95
- Shoes - Super Fine Cardinal, Fluevog; last worn here in April for a holiday day
Kimonos like this are tricky to wear - the weather needs to be warm enough to wear it as the topper, but not cool enough to need a coat.
It was awesome to swoosh about in, although I did crunch a couple of the beads under the wheel of my desk chair, and one of the tassels was ripped off when I was climbing up and down a ladder. Easy fixes, though.
here*if you don't know who I'm talking about!). *linking 'cause I love!
All the bling:
- Earrings - thrifted
- Ring - c. 1996
- Glass bead necklace - Oscar & Libby's
- Pink/gold necklace - Eaton's c. 1999
Oops, missed the lion head.
I just felt the outfit needed a statement belt buckle, right?
- Buckle - Zara, thrifted
- Belt - Leather World
During my Friday lunch break, I popped over to Footloose Shoes, and found myself my summer walking-to-and-from-work shoes for the season.
These are suede, and are by New Balance, so uber-comfy!
On Saturday, we didn't have Ulti, so L and I bought out day passes and did some much-needed bussing around town and taking care of those pesky chores that tend to pile up.
- Dress - Trina Turk, thrifted; purchased here for $24.95
- Shoes - Born, consignment; purchased here for $27.99
- Kimono jacket - Lysse; first worn here in February with wallpaper pants
I loved wearing this dress - it's such a nice mix of bright colours.
Pockets definitely help!
Good thing I wore this lace topper over it.
|L, also looking fine (and blurry).|
This gave me sunblock and kept me warm while we were indoors. Brrrr, air conditioning!
Ready to go, and I even changed my bag!
Orange and green bling:
- Orange cuff/ring - vintage 60s, Italian, vintage mall
- Glass bangle - thrifted
- Earrings - Stella & Dot, consignment, Vancouver
- Jade/brass ring - vintage 70s, Mom's
As our reward for doing the chore-y things, L and I stopped in at Mayfair Mall - we both had gift cards for the mall, plus Chapters/Indigo cards, from assorted birthdays/Christmas. I loathe the mall, so I just braved two stores: MAC (got a new lipstick) and Indigo (yay, books!).
We rushed home, just in time to get changed and go to my brother Dave's house for a barbecue for Mom's birthday. All four of Dave's kids were there, plus assorted other family (ex-wife, friends, boyfriends, etc.). It was awesome - my bro is a great cook.
- Cashmere sweater - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in April for a shopping expedition
- Skirt - VanessaVirginia, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in August 2018 with coral
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last worn in the outfit above - twice in one weekend!
- Jean jacket (below) - Dolce & Gabbana, thrifted; last seen here in April
This was a very comfy outfit for playing bean-bag tossing games and flouncing about on the lawn in the hot sun.
Much as I like the style and swooshiness of this skirt, I'm done with it.
Not much in the way of Vizzini pictures this weekend - we've been out a lot, so he's been sulking.
|"Getting some good napping in without you bothering me, Woman."|
Just one drive-by visit of His Blurriness.
Outerwear for being in the shade/indoors.
- Bracelet/ring -as above
- Earrings - local
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
- Pendant - Miracle, gift from L
Today/Sunday, I went to town for groceries - I didn't dress up, as I had intended on coming straight home, but I needed some quiet Zen time, so I spent a couple of hours browsing in Dots, which is a store that sells overstock and samples. It's shopping new, but you find really unique items and it is a local business.
They had a clearance on Urban Outfitters tights.
I have had my eye out for a pair of undershorts for ages! What a find!
They're by X-Two, and were $9.99.
I hemmed and hawed over this stretch pencil skirt, but gave in.
This is a better look at the pattern. The colours are pale yellow, forest green, navy blue, red and grey.
I have been wanting a pant-suit for ages, it feels like. I love suiting - my first suit was a gorgeous skirt suit that I wore to high school in 1985. I wish I had a picture of it!
I tried on a lot of separates in oodles of colours, but I ended up with this black patterned one.
It's by Part Two - the jacket is fully-lined, and that nice white piping is all through the lining.
It's a single button double-breast cut, with two pockets on the front.
The pants have a lovely grossgrain ribbon lining inside the waistband, and rear pockets (also will not be unstitched).
This style is called the Olga - there's a picture here (link 'cause I love) of the suit on so that you can get a better idea of what it looks like.
Well, off to spend some more quiet time with my cranky kitty. Tell me what your favourite thing was that I wore/bought!