Ah, one more day - I know I can make it. Still feeling low, but that's okay - I know I'll come out of it eventually. I really loved this post here today, by the Bloggess. If you don't know her, give her a shot - she makes me laugh and cry, and I've also enjoyed two of her books very much.*link 'cause I love
- Suit - Part Two; purchased here as separates on the weekend for $49.99 for the trousers and $59.99 for the jacket
- Blouse - Renuar, thrifted; last worn here in March under a corset top
- Shoes - Matisse; last seen here in April with yellow and daisies
And here...is my new suit! Aren't I classy? Hello to Vizzini, who photo-bombed most of my pictures this morning.
|"A black suit? I'm wearing it better."|
I only wore it done up walking to and from work, but it has very nice lines, doesn't it?
The fabric was a dream, very light and flowy.
|"You should try being furry. Very flowy, my fur."|
It did feel like pajamas - I felt like I was cheating. That's not a real suit; it's not stiff and uncomfortable!
Check out my lining - nice piping.
|"All the best cats have white bits."|
I wore the jacket unbuttoned all day. I dressed so that I could take it off if I overheated.
I like this look too, so I will definitely be wearing these as separates. It's important for a suit to be able to have the pieces live separate lives.
It's like a good marriage.
these shoes, but opted for a lower heel and the pattern mix of these brogues instead.
- Brooch - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Belt - thrifted
- Pearl ring - Erth, consignment
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Earrings - thrifted
And my friends, with that, it's time to slouch off to a quiet evening.
|"Get your lap ready for cuddles."|