The last long weekend of the summer...ah, what a lovely summer it's been (and still 3 weeks to go, let's not rush things!). This was a quiet weekend for us, as we mentally prepare ourselves for a couple of months of busy weekends. Gotta charge those batteries before I can be "go go go" again.
The face of someone looking forward to a weekend.
Some celebrating of my blogger friends is called for!
- This is my outfit for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go!
- My dear friend Melanie of A Bag and a Beret is gonna be famous! She's one of the faces of Nordstrom Canada's "True Nord" ad campaign (her post here)! What!! So proud of her! Also, I'm famous by proxy, since we made a movie together a couple of years ago (go here to giggle your ass off).
- Dear Anna of Anna's Island Style is also getting her share of Fame, being a face in a Woman and Home ad campaign (here)! Way to go, Anna!
- Wendy Brandes has been a blog-friend of mine nearly from the beginning of our blogs (2007 for her 2008 for me, and I own 2 rings that she made: the lapis lazuli ring here in 2012, and the Fulvia Ring, purchased here in 2013), and I've been a fan of her ongoing video series. I requested some tips recently for determining age on vintage items, and she came through! Wendy and her good friend/designer Stacy Lomman made a 17-minute video (worth watching the whole thing - some excellent info there), and they gave me a couple of shout-outs! I'm definitely getting famous through my amazing and talented friends, it seems. *grin*
So much awesomeness. Now, clothes.
- Sweater - Sparkle & Fade, swap from Sarah; last seen here in August with secret accordions
- T-shirt - Banana Republic, consignment; purchased here for $20.98
- Trousers - Cartonnier, thrifted; first worn here in June with a tropical pattern
- Shoes - Design Lab; last seen here in June with this same cardi and 70s apartment colours
This was the perfect Casual Friday outfit for the office. It was pretty quiet all day - one last gasp of vacation time for my coworkers.
I read somewhere that leopard and/or animal print is huge again for fall. I can do that! Note the addition of my "homegrown vintage" leopard scarf to my ponytail.
A blurry, ghostly shot of me deploying the Swoosh Factor of this cardi.
First wearing of my new-to-me bag.
A shot with the cardigan off so that you can see the t-shirt. It has really nice drape.
- Scarf - Fairweather, c. 1999
- Bangle - "Gucci", gift from Mom and Dad from Italy, c. 1987
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, c. 1970, vintage expo
- Copper/turquoise ring - Grandma J's
- Feather earrings - thrifted
The earrings had to go on right before I left the house, and had to be removed as soon as I got home.
I wonder why??
|"They look so delicious!"|
L and I had very quiet evenings, full of music and board-games. My favourite thing to do! We had no Ulti on Saturday - too many people on vacation! - so we strolled to town for breakfast before each of us heading out to our preferred stores for a shop (the CD/record store for L, second-hand clothes for me, duh).
- Sweater - Judith & Charles, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in June with a spotty Kate Spade skirt
- Skirt - H&M, consignment; last worn here with an alien necklace in May
- Shubooties - Sorel; purchased here for $69.00
Somehow, L and I always seem to be dressed in similar colours. He's in a pinky-purple Alice Cooper tee and a pink-patterned shirt, with purple Fluevogs.
L was naturally thrilled that I wore these awesome shubooties. "Oh yay" were his enthusiastic words.
Hands in pockets, and a "What will I find shopping?" gaze.
I used my new bag again.
Pink and silver bling:
More bling than I'd normally wear for shopping, but it was fine - nothing got in the way, although I did slip the shield ring into my purse when my hands got cold and it started feeling loose.
- Crystal necklace - Sherman, vintage 60s, vintage fair (part of a set with earrings)
- Dragon bangle - Lazy Susan's
- Steel bangle - local
- Crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Earrings - thrifted
Oops, there are my earrings.
I went to the Patch, which has a huge BOGO sale on of their summer stuff. I took hours and tried on about a dozen things, but nothing rang my bell, so I went over to the WIN store to see if I could find anything there.
I immediately recognized the bracelet as another POLY piece. It was just $4.95.
I don't mind a bit of wear on pre-loved items.
And there's that stamp. Nice.
WIN has a huge sale on their spring-summer also, but nothing really grabbed me. Most of the second-hand stores in town are in transition right now before they bring in all the fall-winter clothes. WIN is also gearing up for the big annual Vintage Exp in a couple of weeks (yes, I'll be there), so they hold back some of their good stuff for that.
I did find this beautiful velvet blazer.
By Talbots Petites. I find that petites often work well for me - I'm 5'4" - although the sleeves are usually too short.
It has great seaming, and two pockets on the front.
Did someone say "kitten"?
|"Hm? Did you mention me?"|
Our crew met up for our usual long-weekend gathering on Sunday, at Glo, which is on the waterfront - we had lovely warm sun, views of the water, and good company.
- Top - Le Chateau, consignment; last seen here in July with a funk copper skirt
- Skirt - Trina Turk, consignment; purchased here for $20.98
- Shoes - Faith Low Reumah, Fluevog; last seen here in the same outfit as this top, in July
- Coat (below) - Christian Lacroix for Desigual, consignment; last worn here in June for a shopping day
I took a picture of my hair out on the stairs. I threw on a quick "mask" of Colorista by L'Oreal in purple to freshen up my lavender (it had some brassy areas from my former colours).
I planned this outfit to transition from a warm day to a chilly evening.
This new-to-me skirt was a dream to wear. The silk lining and waistband made it so soft.
I changed up my purse to go with my outfit.
My bus-hailing pose.
|"Thank you for stopping for us, Driver!"|
Coated up for later when it started to get chilly.
Buttoned up, with my scarf in a bow at my neck.
Incognito with my scarf on my head.
|"Please, just ignore me and pretend your soon-to-be-famous friend is just a regular person."|
I didn't wear it like this, but I did tie my scarf on to amuse my friends.
I often wear this scarf with these shoes, and this necklace with this top. I'm a creature of habit.
- Leather purse - BCBG Paris, thrifted
- Silk scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Necklace - Grandma J's
- Gold bangle - thrifted
- Gold cuff - vintage fair
- Green glass bangle - thrifted
- Green/gold bangle - thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
- Jade ring - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
I was quite rattle-y with all these bangles.
|"I'm just going to sit here on his pillow, as befits a famous feline."|
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!