I got a package in the mail today! What did I say when I opened it?F#@!
Ahem! But before that happened, I had an outfit on.
- Dress - Nanette Lepore, thrifted, Vancouver; last seen here (2nd outfit) in May with yellow shoes and belt
- Shoes - Coclico, Seattle; last worn here in December with these earrings
- Jacket (below) - Kimchi Blue; last seen here in January
First thing this morning, we had (another) fire alarm at work, so everyone in our 12-storey building got to see my bright blue outfit as we stood at our muster point and waited for the okay to go back inside (a false alarm - lots of renovations/construction going on).
It got a lot of compliments.
Yeti coat! Another item I thought I'd worn, but I hadn't yet this season.
Here's the yeti coat in action!
- Belt - vintage 70s, Mom's (modified by me in the 80s)
- Cuff - Lia Sophia, thrifted
- Earrings - consignment, Vancouver
- Amethyst/gold ring - Francis Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
...and speaking of Ms. Wendy Brandes, I bought the Swear Rings from her this past weekend, after I read her post here. I decided to treat myself for my birthday - do I give a F#@!? I certainly do, when it comes to buying amazing quality pieces from a famous jewelry designer that I know personally!
I did have to promise my HR guy that I wouldn't wear them to work (much), and kept them on all morning to show to my coworkers (who all barked with laughter when they saw them). People were very impressed!
As always, Wendy is so sweet and it's a joy to do the "reveal" on one of her packages.
A personal note from Wendy.
I did get a special deal from her, as a longtime friend (and customer, having bought 2 other silver rings over the past 10 years). I won't disclose the price - but if you want a set, she might still have some left (in gold plating or silver). Drop her a line - she is wonderful.
My set is sterling silver. These rings are Heavy Metal!
Hint: it's zero.