Don't be scared, I'm just wearing neutrals! I'll be back to colour tomorrow!
- Top - Zara, thrifted, Vancouver; first worn here in April with a touch of blue
- Skirt - Moncara, vintage 80s, thrifted; purchased here on the weekend for $16.25
- Shoes - Gentle Souls; last seen here for a vintage fair in June with lots of dots
Despite the very interesting construction of this top, it is leaving my closet. Several reasons: it's too big in the shoulders.
It also looks like I'm smuggling squirrels in the back! The top zips up there, and it does not lay flat. I was constantly pulling it and tweaking it. Too annoying. So...into the giveaway pile it goes.
|"Did you say squirrels?"|
This new-to-me skirt, on the other hand, is magnificent. It felt awesome on, swooshed nicely, and check it out: marshmallow storage!
- Here (3rd outfit) in May 2017, estimating 16 bags in a pair of harem pants;
- Here in September 2010, again 16 bags of marshmallows in that skirt!
I was tempted to stuff Vizzini in there and see if I could carry him around in it...but then my self-preservation for my skin vs. claws kicked in. Saved by common sense. Phew!
- Belt - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted - first wearing, purchased on the weekend for $7.25 here
- Loop cuff - thrifted
- Steel cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - gift from Megan Mae
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Crystal ring - Soul Flower
I'm weeding out some of my accessories too - both these earrings and the loop cuff are showing edges of copper, which feels cheap and they smell like pennies (ick!). Nope, I need better quality stuff, even in my everyday jewelry. The cuff, on the other hand is steel and is in perfect condition, even after years of wear.