We're still on our run of good weather - I don't want to jinx it by mentioning the "r" word! - and I'm still able to wear some of my more summery finds as autumn looks, including this soft silk dress.
- Dress - T. Babaton, garage sale; purchased here on the weekend for $30.00
- Skirt - Pink Tartan, thrifted; purchased here on the weekend for $16.95
- Shoes - Amalfi, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here in August 2017(!) with a fake flapper dress
- Coat (below) - Vassali, consignment; last worn here a couple of weeks ago
I've packed this dress away now for spring, but isn't it cute? Also, no way is that appropriate dress length in an office! Maybe on a hot summer weekend for a stroll to town for brunch, but not at work. I also work a cami under it for coverage.
I bloused the top of the dress a little more above my belt to make sure the top and bottom were equal - the proportions make it look more like a tunic that way.
I still love that this dress/tunic has pockets.
Outerwear - again, nice in the morning, unneeded by 5pm.
|Vizzini was poking around in my bags|
Those bags in the background are my Hallowe'en decorations - they are really heavy (I have a couple of cast-iron pieces), so I took the bus to work.
- Scarf - gift from Mom
- Gloves - Parkhurst
Vizzini, are you poking your nose where it doesn't belong?
|"Of course not!"|
A good look at the back of this beautiful coat.
I decorated my office for Hallowe'en today - I took a few pictures, so will share those with you tomorrow. Due to a certain bitey/chewy feline, I can't put decorations up at home or they will be destroyed.
|"I resent your implications, Woman."|
Having my personal decorations up at work means I get to share them with others and enjoy them more myself. Win!
- Belt - Pringle of Scotland, vintage fair
- Chain bracelet - Club Monaco
- Earrings - thrifted
- Pearl ring - Erth, consignment
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, c. 1970, vintage expo
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
Vizzini's been very discombobulated lately. L and I have been caring for our friends' cat Baxter all week, so our schedule has been disrupted. You know how cats like routine.
|"I am quite put out by all your shenanigans, Woman. Come pat me."|
I often have One Last Snuggle with him before I go.
|"Satisfactory. You may leave now."|
And now he's hiding from the vacuum cleaner. He's going to need extra lovin' tonight!