A Fabulous Sugar Doll! Apparently, that is what I am. Thank you, Jane W. for the kind award!
As I do my own Major Awards once a year, I don't pass any of these around - but if you feel like listing 10 little-known things about yourself, go for it! Don't pine away!
Without further ado, more crap about me ('cause you know I like to share):
1. I know a lot about scotch, specifically single-malts from Scotland. I like Islays in particular. There is something about that nice smoky peaty tar taste that I like.
2. I once had the record for badges in Brownies in my city: 32. This was back in the 70s, and I was in Brownies for a loooong time. There are pictures. I'm not showing them. I had badges in crazy things like weaving and beadwork.
3. I love Bruce Lee movies! "Fist of Fury" (aka "The Chinese Connection") and "Enter the Dragon" are the best.
4. I don't have a cell phone. I don't answer the phone at home either - I figure if it's important, people will leave a message. I arrange dates with friends by email, either at home or at work.
5. I co-wrote a thrash metal song for my ex's band. My contribution was "Sealed in by the nails of your faith, you are thrown in the coffin of no escape."
6. I regret being too shy to take on the lead in my elementary school's musical of "Oliver!" when I was 11. The music teacher really wanted me and I wanted to do it, but I was too scared. That's one of those things that if I could, I would go back and change. I ended up being a boy in Fagin's den. My only line was, "Oh, what a terrible day! I feel awful!"
7. I can swim and ice skate but I can't drive a car. I've never gotten past my learner's license when I was 18.
8. I am really good at throwing and catching a Frisbee. I have played Ultimate for 10 years, but I grew up throwing the Frisbee in the back yard with my dad and my brother, Dave.
9. The rice I cooked for dinner is burnt on the bottom. Oops. I'll just scrape off the good stuff and let the pot soak.
10. I hate parsnips. Evil things. Mutant carrots. Yuck.
Thanks, Jane! That was fun.