I could really get used to 4-day weekends! I did not feel like going to work today - gah, Monday! - but I put my Big Girl Clothes on and faced the day.
Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this outfit and 2 out of 3 items in it are leaving my closet. We'll have a Flashback on one of them shortly.
- Kimono - Dries Van Noten, consignment; first worn here in December 2021, winterized
- Jumpsuit - Kensie, consignment; last seen here in June 2021 with turquoise bits
- Shoes - Camper; last worn here in April 2021 with lace and embroidery
- Leather trenchcoat (below) - vintage 70s, thrifted; last seen here in April
Don't worry, the orange jumpsuit is staying - it's awesome.
Why did I buy it?
But that's the only thing I really like about it. It covered up all the best parts of the jumpsuit (flutter sleeves, nice small waist, good back view).
Masked up - I am taking no chances in my office after last week's kerfuffle.
- Scarf - thrifted
- Gloves - consignment
- Mask - Lazy Susan's
All winners here!
- Necklace - Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage expo
- Both enameled cuffs - Matisse by Renoir, vintage 60s, separate vintage fairs
- Rings - consignment
- Earrings - Matisse by Renoir, vintage 60s, Grandma J's
And now, a wee Flashback on these buh-bye shoes.
Flashback: Camper Shoes
I like Camper brand of shoes - they have clean lines and come in bright colours - and I've had a couple of pairs of them over the years. Local shop Footloose Shoes carries these and I picked up this pair here in January 2020 for $75.00.
Little nubbies on the bottom.
I wore the right away here in January 2020.
I gave away my fake Gucci (Gookey!) bomber jacket this past year (I got my $3.00's worth out of it!), but this is a super-cute outfit.
Another item that exited my closet during the pandemic - I gave this (and the green lace bomber) to Ciara.
I didn't wear them again until April 2021.
Mathy stuff: Another poor cost-per-wear! I managed 5 outfits in 2 years, for a whopping $15.00 per wear. Move along, ugly shoes.
To amuse myself, I dug up three other pairs of Camper shoes that I've owned since I started blogging:
I always referred to these as my "concrete" shoes, as they were the same colour as our concrete stairwells at my old office.