And I was pleased enough with my work that I decided to wear it right away.
- Kimono (altered by me) - Hale Bob, Century 21, NYC, 2007; last worn here as a dress last weekend (Flashback there too)
- Sweater - Wanko, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in June for brunch
- Pants - Zara, thrifted; last worn here in July with a now-gone tee
- Boots - Coffee Kope Tiam, Fluevog; last seen here (3rd outfit) in June for Sailor Pants Worn 5 Ways
I have to say, I am glad I split this dress down the middle. This is so much more me.
By the time I left work, it was sunny, but still barely in the low-20s. What is this, Augustober?
I spent a couple of hours making teeny-tiny hidden stitches, and not bragging (okay, I totally am), but my hemming is better than what I've had done at a tailor's.
Without the robe it's all rather dull, I'm afraid.
Masked up - this grey looks better in person, where you can see it matches the grey on the kimono.
COVID cases continue to rise, even with the reinstated mask mandate for indoor spaces. Who'd have thought a year ago that we'd be on a fourth wave??
- Mask - Lazy Susan's
Cloudy and cold? Wearing my sunglasses anyway!
- Amber/silver necklace - vintage, vintage mall, gift from L
- Silver/amber earrings - vintage 1930s, vintage mall, gift from L
- Bangle w/stones - vintage 1920s, vintage mall
- Bangle - Lazy Susan's
- Copper rings - Glee
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Lucite/silver ring - Calvin Klein, purchased here for $7.95
I took a few pictures as I did my
destruction customization of my dress.
I measured the hem of the skirt and put a small mark at the centrepoint.
Then I measured across again, halfway up and did another mark at the centre.
...from the bottom of the neckline and then I cut!
Yes, I know it's a little raggedy, and reader Robyn, you were right about the silk fraying!
I like the look of "visible mending" - it reminds me of this garment's history.
Extra bonus content! We have a guest! And he's in a suit! L got a kazillion comments on his suit at work and out in the world yesterday, so I asked him to pose for y'all.
"What about me? I want to be included!"
This is how L dresses for work - he's been going into his office every work day since lockdown began back in March 2020 - and he has worn a suit for work ever since I've known him. He has multiple suits, a wide selection of colourful shirts, a box of amazing vintage ties (most courtesy of Yours Truly - the one he's wearing is from the 50s), and a collection of Fluevogs that most people would envy. Isn't this an awesome outfit?
And here is Vizzini, fresh from complaining and being grumpy.
"I wanted attention then, not NOW, Woman!"
And then he would not stay still. Oh, cats.
Well, my friends, I'm now off for the weekend, and will wish you a fond adieu. Enjoy yourselves, and I'll be back soon with tales of adventure!