Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
Backing up to Saturday, L and I met up with Yvonne and Randall for a distanced in-person meet-up. This is the new "normal" for seeing friends in Phase 2. "Few Faces, Bigger Spaces" is the goal.
- Cardigan - Wolford, thrifted; last worn here in August 2019 with a ginormous Marimekko-patterned skirt
- Cami - not tracked
- Skirt - See by Chloe, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) for a shopping trip in September 2019
- Sandals - Sorel; last worn here (2nd outfit) for brunch and a light shop in August 2019
This cardigan is ballet-style, and wraps around with a tie in the back. It's silk and cotton, so it's excellent sunblock, although I wore regular sunblock too.
- Sterling silver necklace wire - Shi Studios
- Sterling silver pendant/earrings - M&M, consignment, Vancouver
- Steel cuff - thrifted
- Silver engraved hinged cuff - vintage, thrifted, Powell River
- Bangle - Lucky Susan's
- Silver/aventurine ring - consignment
- Jade/bronze ring - vintage 70s, Mom's
We strolled up to Craigdarroch Castle, hoping to avoid the hordes of others looking for some park area to hang out in.
I posed on the stone bench on the way up.
We had the back field mostly to ourselves.
This beetle decided I was a worthy attraction.
We chilled out for about an hour.
When we got home, Vizzini had barely moved.
|"Someone has to watch the neighbourhood."|
We spent the afternoon reading and listening to music.
|"You're getting quite cat-like in your leisure time, Woman."|
I also worked on an artsy project for a while, and then L and I set up for boardgames.
|"I'm on the lookout for elastic bands."|
He's very helpful. He plopped himself down on the carpet right next to my seat.
|"It's a little TOO hot now. Please make it cooler."|
He kept going out on the deck to get sun, and then coming back in to flop.
Finally, he settled down to watch the sunset.
|"Cool breezes, come to me."|
He also discovered that this wood bookshelf was a good spot to flop.
|"I'm guarding the Man's CDs."|
On Sunday, we were up early to take a taxi out to Mom's, both to visit for Mother's Day, and to wish her a Happy Birthday (it's tomorrow).
- Dress - Part Two, consignment; purchased here for $49.99
- Shoes - Leith, consignment; first worn here in February with burgundy ruffled sleeves
I did go bare-legged, but I also wore a full vintage slip under this, just for smoothing.
- Fan - Barcelona, gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1996
I also carried my parasol to shade me.
- Parasol - Chinatown
- Earrings - thrifted
- Pearl/gold ring - Erth, consignment
- Onyx/silver ring - Tocarra, vintage fair
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Mom and my nephew Matt had measured out and spray-painted the lawn around Mom's house into 2-meter sections, so that our chairs were the proper distance apart.
My niece Sidney - she's nearly 11 and is taller than me!
Mom got the cupcake with the butterfly on it.
I wonder where I get my FABULOUS genes from, hmmm? Ha!
Vizzini was so excited to have us home.
|"Oh, were you out?"|
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Thank you so much for stopping by!