Hello, my friends! I hope you are all having a wonderfully stress-free kick-off to the holiday week! I have had a lovely time, with the usual mix of high- and low-energy activities.
Now, what's this I see? Party dress, ahoy!
We'll get to more of this in a bit; this is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Get your party on!
But first, here's Friday's work outfit - I knew it would be the final day pre-vacation for about half of my colleagues, so I wore one of my favourite seasonal pieces for them.
- Cardigan - no label, thrifted; no idea when I last wore it
- Sweater - Judith & Charles, consignment; last seen here in September with a vest and vintage floral
- Skirt - no label, vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here in December 2018 with these same shoes
- Shoes - Aldo, thrifted; last seen here in June with Spanish ladies
- Coat (below) - Jeno de Paris, vintage 70s, thrifted; first worn here just a few days ago
Friday was rainy again and rather gloomy in the morning.
I wear this wonderful Christmas tree skirt once a year, to the delight of my coworkers.
Outerwear - yes, I wore my new leather coat in the rain, and this wool fedora too.
- Necklace - Trifari, vintage 60s, thrifted
- Earrings - vintage fair
As you can see, my toes of my shoes were still wet there from the rain. These are fabric shoes, but they'll be fine.
My coworker Kirsty loved my outfit so much, she asked to take a couple of pictures. Here I am in my daily environment, walking around my office and keeping an eye on everyone.
You can see I have a pen in my hand - I'm hiding copies of the floor plans behind me as I lean against the red post.
L and I had a quiet Friday night, playing board games, and were up early for brunch on Saturday - we walked over to Shine diner for a change.
- Sweater - RW & Co., consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in November for a post-brunch shop
- Leather dress - Truly by Part Two; last seen here in October 2018 with light florals
- Booties - Arnold Churgin, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) for Winesday in November
- Coat (below) - Denny Rose, consignment; last seen here in November for a seasonal Vintage Fair
I did my Mental Health Walk in the morning - the past two weeks I've missed it to due to health issues, but it felt great and there was actually a bit of sun mixed in with the clouds.
This is actually a leather dress, not a skirt that I have on here.
See? It's a dress!
Outerwear - this coat was the star.
I forgot to "unzoom" my camera, so here's a close-up of the design.
- Gloves - Cejon, thrifted
- Necklace - Robert Larin, vintage mall, gift from L
- Earrings - Glee
Finally! Here is the sparkly striped vintage dress!
- Dress - Ian Peters, vintage 70s; purchased here for $28.00
- Shoes - Cardinal Super Fine, Fluevog; last worn here in November with orbs
- Coat (below) - Hilary Radley, thrifted; last seen here a few days ago
This weekend often ends up being a double-party weekend for us.
I have been hanging onto this gorgeous vintage lurex striped dress for just this occasion.
Can you tell I feel like a kajillion bucks in this?
If you took a look back at the pictures from when I bought it at the Vintage Fair, this looks like a long skinny dress (here).
And the fabric is light and swingy.
Outerwear - the Unsafe Ocelot for the walk to Terry/Sandra's, then the walk to Nick/Karen's, then the walk home at 1:30 am.
- Scarf - thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
Hello, darlings! Party time, Sheila's here!
- Belt - vintage, thrifted, Powell River
- Sunglasses - the Patch
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, vintage expo
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Dome bracelet - Butler Fifth Avenue Collection, consignment
- Chain bracelet - thrifted
Here's L in his finery:
|"What about me?"|
L is wearing a blue/grey floral shirt, with an English Laundry embroidered vest, and a set of vintage Christian Dior tails (thrifted!). His trousers were consignment, and his belt buckle was thrifted. The pin on his lapel depicts a rique nude lady (gift from me, vintage expo), and his shoes are very funky Fluevogs.
"Now, smile! Don't look so grumpy!"
|"You should give me my treats early!"|
Vizzini was being quite the whiner, but 6:30 pm was too early for his treats. He was rather yowly when we got home 7 hours later.
And here's L and I, ready to enjoy our evening.
|"I'd enjoy my evening more with food."|
On Sunday, L and I chilled out with Vizzini and watched football all day.
Vizzini's been mostly snuggly this weekend.
|"Go away, Woman, I'm snoozing."|
Good idea, buddy. I think I'll have a nap too.
Thanks so much for stopping by!