Hello, my friends! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend - my weekend has been lovely, thank you for asking.
Let's kick off our little party here with Friday's outfit. I went slightly more casual than usual, but since it was Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be With You!), I had my themed item on.
- Sweater - Judith & Charles, consignment; purchased here for $10.50
- Jeans - Jean's by Jean Paul Gaultier, vintage 90s, thrifted; first worn here (3rd outfit) for a weekend gathering in late March
- Shoes - "I Know", Irregular Choice, gift from mother-in-law; last seen here in December 2017 with space pants
- Leather jacket (below) - Danier Leather; last worn here in February
It was gloomy in the morning, so I had to blow out the colour in the pictures so that you could see a bit of detail in the outfit.
Outerwear - I was roasty hot by the time I got home!
- Scarf - thrifted (this is the first wear, purchased it for $2.95)
- Earrings - Lazy Susan's
- Ring - Soul Flower
L and I hung out on Friday night, but I was up early - no Ultimate Frisbee for me this week! I had a very important event to attend.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Dead? No? Then get over there!
- Dress - Kimchi Blue; purchased here for $29.99
- Shoes - Eject; last seen here in August 2017 with my olive jumpsuit
- Jacket (below) - Comrags, thrifted; last worn here in June 2017 with my yellow princess dress
Four of my besties have birthdays in April/May so instead of celebrating them at our next Winesday, we decided to go for a very Victoria "ye olde" tradition: tea!
I jumped at this opportunity to wear two new-to-me items: this fascinator and this fabulous dress.
I love the single ruffled shoulder; the other has an adjustable strap. I'm wearing my A+ quality strapless bra with this - no tugging, no adjustments needed.
The single sleeve is a sheer ruffle, and both hips are accentuated with sheer ruffles. I would not ordinarily like my hips accented thusly, but instead of adding visual weight they made my waist look small - win!
Outerwear - mostly for keeping my tattoos out of the sun (although I had sunblocked as well).
Just a simple black jacket, lah-di-dah! The gloves were liberated from Mom's collection in 1984 when I was in high school - she wouldn't let me cut the fingers off a la Madonna. I keep them in with my costume things - this just seemed like the right outfit to wear them again.
The stuff:here, if you don't believe me.
They gave me the height I needed so that the dress didn't drag on the ground, and also gave a more modern edge to the outfit. Shiny metallic chartreuse shoes - hurray!
here in December 2016 - I neglected to note how much I paid, but it wasn't over $20.
- Fascinator - Lazy Susan's, first wearing
- Earrings - thrifted
- Lace gloves - vintage 60s, Mom's, liberated by me in the 80s
My two buttons say "It's not my birthday" and "The Bossy One." I bought sets of them to share at tea.
If you're wondering how I kept the fascinator on my head (it has just a single alligator clip), this is how I did it. My hair is very fine and slippery, so I wore a grey rubberized fabric headband (this one is by Goody). I arranged my hair to hide it - the rubber kept it from sliding off - and clipped the fascinator onto it. It worked really well!
The little tortoiseshell clip is also by Goody - if you look at my back-facing pic, you can see my hair is mostly swept to the side. I actually rolled it up and clipped it under my ear - this gave my hair volume on the side too. Easy!
Some pics from our Tea Adventure!
Carolyn and Karen, both birthday gals! Caro's wearing my old Ted Baker sundress (last seen here, 4th outfit) for Vero's birthday in September 2017). It looked amazing on her!
Allison and Cat - Ali just had her birthday!
Yvonne and Caro:
this one, last seen in September 2016). I love seeing my friends in my clothes! It makes me so happy to see them (the clothes) go to good homes.
Cat and I - she had a gorgeous dark floral swing top on - so much floral and colour in our crew!
This is what a Not So Wee Tea looks like. Alison and I split this (it's two orders of Not So Wee).
Our lovely server took a picture for us!
Cat showed off her and Ross' new Mini.
Karen had to clamber in the back to see if you could sleep in it in a pinch. We Winesday women are klassy that way.
Today, I walked to town with L and got groceries, then I met up with my lovely coworker Simona for lunch at Zambri's and a wee shop afterwards.
- Dress - Lirub, made in England, Camden Market, London; last seen here in August 2017 with bits of yellow
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last worn here (5th or 6th outfit) in September 2017 when we got home from our last biggish vacation (San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver)
- Jacket (below) - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here in September 2017 over one of my denim dresses
As we were walking to town, a woman complimented me on my "beautiful skirt!"
And you might be surprised to know that I didn't buy anything all weekend! We stopped in at two consignment stores on Saturday (both before and after our tea), and Simona and I went to WIN and Value Village.
All ready for the great outdoors.
- Hat - thrifted
You'll be sick of this hat by the end of summer. I wear it a lot to keep my hair colour from fading.
- Cuff - Rimanchik
- Earrings - Stella & Dot, consignment, Vancouver
Another busy week coming up! I better get my outfit-planning started!