Back to brights today! I had to actually adjust the colour on the stair picture so that you don't sear your retinas from this new-to-me neon blouse.
- Blouse - Rock & Republic, thrifted; purchased here for $14.95
- Skirt - Vivienne Tam, consignment; last worn here in June 2018 with black and yellow
- Shoes - Miista; last seen here in April with flower gems and a pirate sash
The blouse is oversized on me (it's marked a size 12) and is hugely long, so I knotted it, rather than trying to tuck it into the very high waist of the skirt.
The skirt has been in my wardrobe a very long time, since April 2010 (here) - nine years!
I checked my Fashion Institute of Technology book to see if Vivienne Tam was covered - she is not - but they do have a picture of one of her suits from 1995:
The chrysanthemums are woven into the pink satin, in shades of purple, yellow, pale pink and lavender.
And, how exciting: I think I might have found out how old it is! Since I finally figured out that Vogue online has runway slideshows going back to the late 90s, I've been combing them looking for my "designer" pieces.
Tell me that this doesn't look like this same fabric in this jacket in the background, from her Fall 2000 Ready-to-Wear collection!
Here's the slide of the jacket, showing another garment behind it with more chrysanthemum fabric. Those are all the same colours woven into it. The lighting/resolution is poor (hello, 2000) so it sort of looks red (and may well be), but it's awfully close.
- Necklace - Oscar & Libby's
- Earrings - can't remember, c. 1997?
- Amethyst/gold ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy